I'm literally at a loss for words tonight as I think about what to write about my little girl. It's so crazy that she is two! It's amazing how fast time flies by and it seems to keep getting faster.
As I think over Aubrey's past year of life, I am simply amazed by how much she has learned. Every day it seemed like she got a little bit older, got more of a personality, and got more fun! Aubrey is such a sweet girl and makes me laugh all the time. She has been such a blessing to me. I don't think there is a day that goes by where Chris and I don't talk about how lucky we are to have her.
So here are some little tibits about Aubrey:
1. She is an old soul. She prefers to "play" with older kids and adults and treats most kids her age the same way she treats Jensen or she just ignores them.
2. She LOVES books. I think Aubrey would read them all day if I let her. Very often, when I check on her in nursery, she is sitting on a leader's lap reading a book.
3. She talks really well. I think it has something to do with her love of books!
4. She is really tall for her age. I've had a lot of people say to me that she seems more like a three-year-old than a two-year-old.
5. She is very social!
6. She is so smart. I think so anyway, but I ama little biased! She knows her colours really well, can count to 12, can sing her ABC's, and is starting to recognize shapes.
7. She has pretty impressive fine motor skills for her age. She holds a pen like an adult!
8. She refers to herself as Aubrey.
9. She loves music and loves to sing. Lately, when we get into the car she'll say, "Aubrey needs music!" She can sing on tune and is starting to be able to match pitch. She loves the songs "Honey, Honey" and "Mama Mia" by ABBA.
10. She is really observant and tries to do everything she sees others do and has to do everything herself. The most common words that come through her lips are, "Aubrey do it."
11. She is a wonderful big sister and Jensen loves her. She's good at making him laugh and is so good to him most of the time.
I love this little gal so much and as sad as I am that she is growing up, I am excited to see what the next year brings for her.
Friday, 5 June 2009
Aubrey's Two
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUBREY!
Posted by Ashley at 21:48
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
She's 2 already?!?!??! Oh my gosh! The time just flies by too fast!!!!
Happy Birthday!!! We miss you!
Aubrey looks like YOU!
Love it! Happy birthday Aubrey!!
Happy Bday Aubrey! Hope your having fun in Red Deer! Hope to see you guys soon!
I find the 2nd birthday the hardest. When they turn one they are still kinda "baby", but when they turn two they suddendly become this big kid! Happy Birthday, Aubrey!
i cant believe she is two! wow time sure goes by too fast! we miss you guys!!
Sorry I am kindave bad for reading the posts and then planning on making a comment later and then sometimes I forget. Fun update on Aubrey. It was good to see you and glad things are going well too. Love your boys blue eyes! We will definitely have to get together when you come live in Raymond.
Hey! how do we become friends on facebook? i cant find you?? i found chris... its crazy. Yes we are here back in alberta and we will be around for the !st of july! your coming down right?
Wow! This is a late post but thats okay! I can't believe Aubrey is 2 already! I enjoyed your post and am wondering if you will ever post again...
Wow that is so crazy that you have a 2 year old! Do you remember the days of drama camp? Time passes by way too quickly haha. I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog...in fact I love it so much that I added it to the blog list on my blog.
I hope everything is going well! Have a great day!
Post a Comment