Thursday, 16 July 2009

9 Months and 10 Months

I'm still doing horribly on taking planned out, decent pictures of Jensen right on his monthly birthday and his first year is almost coming to an end! Scary. So these are what I've got.

9 Months



10 Months



I really can't differentiate what happened between 9 months and 10 months. I wish I had kept a better journal for both of my kids, but lets face it, I'm not a good record keeper. Another something to add to my list of things to work on! I do know that Jensen cut his second bottom tooth exactly a month after he cut his first (so a week before his 9 month mark!) and since then it has been non-stop teething for the poor boy. He hasn't handled it very well either! He hasn't been sleeping as well as he used to, getting up at least once in the night and sometimes waking as often as every 2-3 hours! It's been very frustrating for me because I'm just not used to that. I'm getting a lot better with it though. I can't and won't do anything about his sleeping patterns until we are settled as right now we are all over the place. I'm still nursing him too and I probably won't start weening until we are more settled as well. Anyways, Jensen now has a total of 6 teeth; 2 bottom and 4 top. His bottom gums are very swollen so there are still more to come in the near future! Since Jensen turned nine months he has been getting on all fours and rocking and reaching and belly flopping.



He was so close to crawling for the longest time! Until this last week. On Tuesday Jensen crawled! 10.5 months and he finally did it. On Monday he did something that surprised us all. He pulled himself up on the coffee table! I'd never seen him even attempt it before. I was so proud. He is also now able get from his tummy to sitting which just happened in the last couple of weeks. Yeah, he's quite a bit behind mobility wise, but give the guy a break. He weighs about 26lbs! That's a lot of weight to haul around for a baby! Heavens, that's a lot of weight for me to haul around! I think he's finally slowing down in his growth though. He has definitely slimmed down!

Jensen is still the happiest boy you'll ever meet and is always moving his hands and feet in circular motions. It's really quite funny! He loves music and loves to dance and loves to bang on things. He also likes to scream when he's happy or sad, which isn't my favorite. We're working on it. Jensen is starting to be able to hold his own sippy-cup and tip it up too! It's definitely nice for me. I can't help but love this cute little boy. I don't think anyone could.

5 comments:

The Lowry's said...

If I hadn't seen you a couple of times in the last while I would really wonder if you were still alive. jks :)
Way to go Jensen on crawling and being mobile. That is exciting. I like your quote up top.
Thanks for all your comments. Most of the time your the only one and its nice to have a little feedback and thoughts. It is appreciated. Who doesn't love comments??

Darren said...

nope, nobody can ... help but love that little guy, that is. he is dang cute.

miss you guys ...

erin

Anonymous said...

hes soo cute and yup hannah is a little one, shes super tall though. i just weened her! man i would love to see you guys some time!!! take care

Ashley Smith said...

I think once he is up a moving you are in for a non stop ride with that one. He is adorable.

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

he is adorable Ashley! I cant believe he is nearing the 1 yr mark already..wow time flies!

Love you guys!

p.s. Id love to shoot you, and you know it! we will talk.