1 o'clock is one of my favorite times of the day. Why? It's nap time/quiet time. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love spending time with them, but I also love having that one hour (at least) of peace and quiet where I can get some work done, read a book, play on the computer, or catch some shut eye myself. Aubrey doesn't nap, not usually anyway, and hasn't for quite some time, but she will go into her room and play with some toys and/0r read some books fairly quietly for an hour and sometimes more if she's really enjoying herself! On the rare occasion she will fall asleep. Jensen will have at least a two hour nap. Until today. Today I put him down as usual, story, song, drink... and everything seemed fine. Then he started calling out to me, "mum! Mum! Mummy! Mama! Mum!..." and didn't stop so I went down to see what he needed. He asked for some toys. I told him no because it was quiet time. "Aubey has some!" was his reply. Great. This boy is too smart for his own good! So I got him a couple of trucks to appease him. "Thank you!" he says. But oh, that wasn't the end. The doorbell rang. It was the plumber who came to fix the shower. That got Jensen started all over again. "Mum! Mummy!..." I go to see what he needs. "Fire truck, mum!" He already had his fire truck and I told him that. "Another one!" He said. He doesn't have another one. I just got him a few more trucks hoping that would make him happy. It did. For about 2 minutes. He has been calling out to whomever will listen ever since. "Dad! My manket (blanket)!"" Aubey! Open the door!" "Mummy, I'm hungry!" This has been going on for just over an hour now. I guess this means no nap...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Jensen, what a turkey! Good thing he's so cute! By the way, I think you're great with words and you definitely have some whitt. Also, you have taken some amazing pictures. Don`t be so hard on yourself! Love ya!!
Hopefully it was just a random day and he goes back to taking a nap. In the summer Bryce went for a week or so without taking naps but I kept putting him down for one and he started up again. It was just a short phase I guess. He still takes 1.5hour naps everyday. So don't give up.
Post a Comment