The kids and I are staying at my parents house until our house is put back together (it got ripped apart while we were gone this summer). It's so nice to have the help from my mom and dad while Chris is working up north. And they have a fenced back yard that is way more fun than ours and I have no problem with letting the kids just go out to play. The favorite part is the trampoline that has been dug into the ground. The only problem with the trampoline being close to the ground is that the kids can still fit under it. Every once in a while they have kicked balls under it but they can go and get it. Just the other day Jensen and Carter ran outside without my knowledge and climbed under the trampoline to get a ball. Jensen got in and out easily. Carter, on the other hand, got stuck in the mud. Like, REALLY stuck. I had the feeling that I needed to go out and check on the boys. I'm sure glad I did! Carter thought playing in the mud was fun at first but once he realized that he couldn't get his boots out (and he couldn't get his feet out of his boots) his joy quickly turned to tears. It was a bit of a gong-show but I was finally able to crawl under and pull him out. Jensen, Carter, and I were all a little muddy after it all but nothing a good hosing down couldn't fix. It's one of those things that is funny now, but not so funny at the time.
Friday, 21 September 2012
Stuck
The kids and I are staying at my parents house until our house is put back together (it got ripped apart while we were gone this summer). It's so nice to have the help from my mom and dad while Chris is working up north. And they have a fenced back yard that is way more fun than ours and I have no problem with letting the kids just go out to play. The favorite part is the trampoline that has been dug into the ground. The only problem with the trampoline being close to the ground is that the kids can still fit under it. Every once in a while they have kicked balls under it but they can go and get it. Just the other day Jensen and Carter ran outside without my knowledge and climbed under the trampoline to get a ball. Jensen got in and out easily. Carter, on the other hand, got stuck in the mud. Like, REALLY stuck. I had the feeling that I needed to go out and check on the boys. I'm sure glad I did! Carter thought playing in the mud was fun at first but once he realized that he couldn't get his boots out (and he couldn't get his feet out of his boots) his joy quickly turned to tears. It was a bit of a gong-show but I was finally able to crawl under and pull him out. Jensen, Carter, and I were all a little muddy after it all but nothing a good hosing down couldn't fix. It's one of those things that is funny now, but not so funny at the time.
Posted by Ashley at 11:44
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
oh. poor Carter. He does look quite stuck under there.
oh no. there seem to be a lot of those moments with children, don't there? ha. I'm glad it's at least funny now!
oh boy! what a disaster...
Post a Comment