For the past couple of years Jensen has been riding a Strider. He has well outgrown it so we have been desperately looking for a bike for him. A couple of days ago Chris came home with a surprise intended for Jensen. A bike. A bike that has been in the Shurtz family for many years and has had many different riders including Chris. What makes this bike even more special is that the original owner of this bike was Chris' uncle Barry. Uncle Barry died of leukemia years ago when he was only a teenager. I feel honored that we have been trusted with such a precious keepsake. Sadly, the bike is a bit too big for Jensen so the look for a bike for him continues on. However, the bike is a perfect fit for Aubrey. Aubrey has a bike that has training wheels on it which she has adamantly stated will stay on until she is at least 7. But that all changed today. Today the weather was beautiful and all 3 kids wanted to get out on their bikes and ride around the church parking lot. So we did just that. Aubrey decided she wanted to give uncle Barry's bike a try. She she got on and I held on to the back of the seat and ran with her. Then she told me to let go! And away she went! I could hardly believe it. She is riding like a little pro (other than running into grandpa Shurtz's parked car once... oops!) and she is so thrilled! I am so thrilled for her!
And Jensen is just thrilled to be using Aubrey's princess bike. At least until we can find him something a little more masculine...
Update: The very next day Jensen took off on Uncle Barry's bike too! No training wheels. I knew the strider would be worth it...

3 comments:
I didn't know that bike was still kickin around. Aubrey looks good on it:) and I love Jensen on the princess bike!
The kids are so grown up, I can't believe it! Way to go Aubrey! And Jensen is rocking the pink. Love you and your beautiful fam!
No way! Way to go Aubrey and Jensen!!
Post a Comment