
Hooray for Canada!
Now that I am finally caught up with my blog I can share our Canada Day festivities. Trust me, it wasn't that fun. It started Sunday morning with Aubrey developing a bit of a cough and sounding a little congested. I phoned "Ontario Telehealth" and talked to a nurse who thought she was alright but advised that Aubrey see a doctor within 24 hours just to be safe. Aubrey was being a lot more fussy than usual and starting to vomit (the "normal" baby vomit that isn't so normal of Aubrey) and it was a little mucousy. It made for a long night. It was getting worse so I made Chris take Aubrey and me to the emergency at about 6:30 am. The first doctor that we saw checked Aubrey's vitals and told us that her oxygen was good but it looked like she was using extra muscles to breathe which was very odd. She wanted us to see a newborn specialist and said that he might want to keep us overnight for some tests and observation which really freaked me out. When the specialist checked her out he informed us that it was just a cold and that thankfully it wasn't in her chest. He suctioned the mucous out of Aubrey's nose by shoving a catheter very far up her nose which traumatized her causing her to scream and cry real tears. I was crying too. She got to come home right away (after 6 hours at the hospital) and now we get to squirt a saline solution up her nose 3 times a day (which she does not enjoy) to get the mucous cleared up. She's doing pretty good but it gave me quite a scare. The redeeming part of the day was that we got to go on a picnic with the company. We ate KFC that the company provided and visited and watched the guys play Frisbee while getting some sun and fresh air. A nice evening to end a rough day...
Tuesday, 3 July 2007
Happy Canada Day!
Posted by Ashley at 17:19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad that hse is feeling better. Man that would make for a harshday, but i guess it all turned out all right.
I decided to leave a quick comment because I have even congradulated you yet! I feel bad and I will try to make up and excuse but I should have written you and email by now! But it has been a busy time in the Smith house hold no new babies though! So congrats and your family looks like they are enjoying their time in Eastern Canada. She is a beautiful baby and the parents both look very proud and you look great for being a mother Ashley and I look forward to seeing you and meeting Aubrey later this summer or next fall!
Nikki
Post a Comment