Friday, 8 August 2008

Thank Heavens

Lately, the days all seem to mesh together. I thought I would write about the goings on this last week, but I can't seem to even remember what we've been up to! I'm not complaining at all. Quite the opposite really. It just means that we're keeping busy and the days are going by so much faster now and for that I am so thankful. I am that much closer to being reunited with my hubby (approx. 10 days!!) and meeting this baby boy who I can't wait to cuddle. I am just so thankful that I have my mom here with me. I don't know what I would do without her.

We did make one big excursion this week and that was to Waterton on Tuesday. It felt like it had been forever since I had been there last. My in-laws were camping there so I thought I would take Aubrey for a visit. My mom was nice enough to tag along. My mom checked out the shops while Aubrey and I spent some time with the Shurtz's. We went on a little walk together and sadly, Aubrey tripped and got a bloody nose as well as scraped up her lip a little bit. She did get to have a freezie (courtesy of Auntie Teagan) to help the swelling of her lip go down a bit. Needless to say, she loved it and it cheered her up! When we got back together with my mom, the three of us visited Cameron Falls and then went over to the south end of Waterton lake, sat on the shore, and threw rocks into the water. After that we got some ice cream and wandered the streets a bit before heading back home. We honestly could not have chosen a better day to go to Waterton. The temperature was perfect and there wasn't any wind!

Another highlight of the week was getting to see my dear friend, Carly. She dropped by with her parents, Stan and Gerry Jackson, our close family friends, just before we left for Waterton (yep, Tuesday was a good day). I hadn't seen her in almost a year. It was a short visit, but a good one. I miss her already. We've been friends for as long as I can remember (even longer, really) and I have so many cherished memories of our times together. It's too bad we live so far apart.

Wednesday was my 36 week doctor's appointment which went really well. Dr. Steed and I are planning that this baby will come on the 23rd of this month as it would be perfect for both of us. No, he is not inducing me. This is just what's in our plans. He is leaving on the 25th for a few days and I am planning on having this baby early as I did with Aubrey (who was 11 days early). Dr. Steed said the baby is head first and moving down nicely. I also had my biggest weight jump and it had only been 3 weeks! Oops. I guess that's what happens when you have a fantastic cook living with you!

The rest of the week has been mostly cleaning, de-junking, and getting this house ready for a new baby. I went to my usual Mom's The Word group this morning. It's a group put on in Raymond at the Parent Link Centre for moms and their babies where you learn about child development, how to cope with certain things and just get to talk about problems you are having. I love getting out and meeting up with friends as well as getting to know new ones. I think it helps keep me sane and you know, Aubrey enjoys it too.

I'm hoping this next week will go by as quickly as this last one did. My dad gets home on Tuesday, I have a Doc's appointment on Friday, and then on Sunday, after church, it is off to the cabin once again! Chris will be meeting us there and should arrive on the Monday. It seems surreal that I am going to have him back with me. I sure do miss him. I don't think I have mentioned that enough. So here's to 10 more days!!

2 comments:

Skye said...

Sounds like you're having a good summer!!! Poor little girl getting all scraped up!!!!

ec said...

i can't believe you're going to have 2 kids in a month. very exciting. and i'm glad chris will be with you soon!