Saturday, 24 January 2009

Who'da Thunk?




If someone had told me, even a month ago, that my Aubrey would turn into a mama's girl, I never would have believed it. From the time Aubrey was a new little baby, she has been a daddy's girl. She could be screaming her little lungs out and all Chris had to do was walk into the room and calmly say her name and that was it. She would be completely calm. The first time her eyes followed someone around the room, they were following Chris. Her first word was Dada. You get the idea. Just in the past couple of weeks, things have turned. She still loves her daddy and loves to play with him and read stories with him and she's not completely a mama's girl in the sense that she has separation anxiety or anything like that. No. It's just when 7 o'clock rolls around and it's time for bed. Chris has tried to put her to bed a couple of times and she always asks for me. On good nights she asks nicely, on nights that's she's really tired she goes into hysterics, crying for "mommy". I have to say I'm flattered. There is nothing like feeling wanted.



Another thing I never would have thought would happen has happened. Aubrey let me do her hair! Heck, I never would have thought I would even be able to do it. I can hardly do my own hair! I wasn't even sure what I could do with her hair as she is so bald up top and has a major mullet. Well, the task wasn't easy, that's for sure. She's not one to hold still, but she did pretty well. I just had her play the piano while I did it. She kept it in for all of 15 minutes before pulling it out again so I did it again. Round two I sat her in her high chair and gave her a snack. This time, it lasted all of five minutes. Oh well. We're making progress.

14 comments:

kelsey said...

she is so cute! i love the pigtails, and i can't wait until norah get some hair so i can try it too!

Schows said...

She looks darling! Good job on the hair do Ash! Those lips of hers are so sweet. We're missing you guys!

Kelli Olsen said...

oh my goodness! She looks so big and grown up! What a doll!

Ashley Smith said...

Isn't it wonderful when they let you know they love you. Here are a couple of hair trick s I have learned. Lizzy will sit on the bathroom counter and play with everything, water, clips, soap, whatever but she can't get to far away. Trick 2 always put in 1 more hair accessory than you really need, then when they pull it out you still have the good one in.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Kids are ALWAYS changing, and just when you think you've got it figured out, Kid #2 acts completely different! I love it. Keeps us on our toes right?! Aubrey looks darling.

Jenna Ririe said...

oh my gosh! she has grown so much! and she is so adorable! I'm glad she turned into a mamas girl, enjoy it while it lasts!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

she looks so adorable with pigtails! and soo big!

Anonymous said...

So dang Cute!

ec said...

what a beauty. nice work on the pigtails..

Francis Family said...

aww I love when they have the little beginner pigtails! She looks all grown up with them! I'm glad Kyla has always let me do her hair and now she hates it when its NOT done!

Amber said...

She looks so cute! Way to go!

kyleandtaryn said...

She is so beautiful Ash! Claire doesn't have enough hair yet to do anything with it, but when she does, I hope she'll let me play with it. I love that Aubrey wants you to tuck her in...there's nothing like it. Bedtime is our time too.

R&A said...

She is adorable and getting to be such a big girl!!!!!!! Wow, we really need to get together and catch up!

Woods said...

Aubrey looks so grown up!! I love the pigtails too! Nice work