I am interrupting my catch up to write about the here and now. Mostly because I don't have my camera to put pictures up (my sister-in-law has it) and I don't want to do the post without the pictures. It's just not as interesting. Besides, I need the pictures to jog my memory about what else has happened in the last 8 months!
So, we have moved. For the 14th time in the 4 years and 4 months that we have been married. I officially unpacked our last box this morning. It took me a lot longer to unpack than usual because A. I did it completely by myself (once the boxes were out of the car and into the apartment of course; Chris did the unloading) while taking care of the little ones and B. I vacuumed, dusted, wiped down every surface as I went. It was quite the task but well worth it. Our apartment is... old. It is a lot cleaner and in a much better area than the apartment we had in Red Deer last summer, but still a little grungy. At least they don't stink as horribly and my allergies aren't acting up and I haven't found any mold yet. There is, however, the issue of the balcony (we are on floor 3 of 4). I really need to take a picture of it and I would, if I had my camera. For now, a description will have to do. By the looks of it, it will fall just by a person stepping onto it. It is also covered by that fake green turf stuff but the turf is COVERED in bird poo, there is a dead bird just laying there, and there are 3 little bird eggs - not in a nest, unless the poo is supposed to serve as a nest- as well. We also have a family of pigeons living on top of the air conditioner and you can hear them cooing all day and all night long. For the first time in my life I have wanted to cause pain to an animal. Anyway, it's gross. We have just closed the lovely vertical blinds and we just pretend it's not there. Management is well aware of it and is supposed to clean it up, but we have been here for 3 days now and have had possession of the apartment for 6 days but we have not heard a word. C'est la vie. We are only here in Medicine Hat for a grand total of 6 weeks and then we are off to Red Deer for the rest of the summer. That is, if APX can find us a place to live. Still no luck.
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and there is a nice park/playground that I can take the kids too. Aubrey and Jensen are definitely enjoying the nice weather. They have been cooped up for far too long and I am finally feeling well enough to get off the couch and play with them and get them outside. Unfortunately, my hormones still get the best of me and I turn from happy to angry quite easily. My poor babies. Hopefully that doesn't last too long. I don't remember being this moody with the other two, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I wasn't.
Oh yeah, I guess I haven't officially announced being pregnant on my blog yet... For those of you who haven't caught on by now, I am. I am 13 weeks and 5 days as of today, I still haven't been to a doctor (oops) but I am going home to Raymond tomorrow and I will get that taken care of as long as I can find someone to watch my kids while I go to the appointment. I was pretty ill in the beginning but I think I am pretty much over that. I think I know what I am having, but I am keeping that to myself until I KNOW I'm right. I would definitely love to hear some guesses though! It's amazing to me how different each pregnancy has been. What is really weird about this one is that I'm completely turned of by sweets. Especially chocolate which is usually my biggest weakness. I'm not complaining. It's definitely a good thing.
Well, it's time to use the last few minutes of A & J's quiet time to catch some Z's.
Tuesday, 20 April 2010
The Hat
Posted by Ashley at 14:23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Hey Ashley, Congrats!
We're living in Med. Hat at the moment too!
We should get together some time.
CONGRATS!!!! That's great news! I'm super happy you're feeling better too...that first part can be awful, especially with little ones running around. I'm glad to finally get an update on your life too. Have fun in Medicine Hat, and go to 5 guys and have a burger for me!
hey congrats!! that is super exciting! If you live in Raymond our kids will be in the same grade!
Glad to read a blog from you Ashley! You can bring your kids over to my place if you need. Just call and let me know!
K I laughed out loud reading your deck description. Hilarious. but I guess not so funny for you. lol
Congrats again on the pregnancy!
You blogged! Now I can comment on yours! So excited to hear you are pregnant! Congratulations. Hopefully your next place has a less scary deck!
Congrats on your pregnancy I guess we just like to be pregnant together. Good luck with everything and hope you are getting well rested you'll need to be before 3...
Well, well! Congrats to you and Chris! How exciting!!!
Reading your blog is so refreshing I love how honest you are about life!!
Just missed you in Med Hat, we got here and you left oh well I am sure we'll be seeing you some time this summer!
My guess is that you are having a baby girl!! congrats!!
(I threatened S that they better be nice apartments in Red Deer, last year was H*LL we were on the 4th floor,walk up 4 kids,heavy one in a car seat,did I say walk up!!)
Ahhh CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you. Hopefully you get feeling better. If not get diclectin. saved my life.
Post a Comment