After a long drive home with a few fantastic stops we are home and we are safe and Chris is off again to sell up north. But that is for another post at a later time.
Aubrey started Kindergarten today! I can't believe I already have a child in school. I always thought that I would be excited for this day to come, to have one less little person for a few hours, but as the day approached I started to dread it more and more. It was hard to let her go and I almost shed a few tears when I dropped her off but I had to be strong for her because she was having a hard time with me leaving her and started to cry! It really surprised me as she has never had a hard time with me leaving her anywhere for anything before. I was able to calm her and head out the door and when I returned to pick her up she was all smiles and full of stories about her great afternoon. She even had a new friend at her side! While she was gone I found myself watching the clock, counting down the minutes until it was time to pick her up. I sure did miss her! I am so excited for her though. She has a great teacher, Mrs. D'Agnon, and I know she is going to have a fantastic year!
Aubrey started Kindergarten today! I can't believe I already have a child in school. I always thought that I would be excited for this day to come, to have one less little person for a few hours, but as the day approached I started to dread it more and more. It was hard to let her go and I almost shed a few tears when I dropped her off but I had to be strong for her because she was having a hard time with me leaving her and started to cry! It really surprised me as she has never had a hard time with me leaving her anywhere for anything before. I was able to calm her and head out the door and when I returned to pick her up she was all smiles and full of stories about her great afternoon. She even had a new friend at her side! While she was gone I found myself watching the clock, counting down the minutes until it was time to pick her up. I sure did miss her! I am so excited for her though. She has a great teacher, Mrs. D'Agnon, and I know she is going to have a fantastic year!



3 comments:
Ok, the fact that Aubrey's in kindergarten makes ME feel old!
I hope she's liking it.
(I'm sure she is. Kindergarten's the best.)
Holy moly! I knew she was starting kindergarten but it just doesn't seem real. Miss you guys!
Yay Aubrey! What a cute little Kindergartener!
Post a Comment