I can hardly believe it. Aubrey is 7 months old! I've said it many times and I'll probably say it many more times but man, where does the time go? No, she isn't mobile yet. We've completely given up on the whole crawling scene because she hates being on her tummy so much and I feel bad forcing tummy time upon her. When I put her on her tummy she just rolls right back onto her back and if I try in any way to keep her on her tummy, she screams. I'm sad that she could skip the crawling stage entirely as it is a fun one, but I guess that means that I have a little more time before I have to chase her around and baby-proof everything. Eating solids has been an issue as well. She's too smart for her own good. Now instead of opening wide for me she keeps her lips tightly sealed together and if I try to force the spoon in her mouth in any way, she just blows out and the food goes everywhere! I've tried the rice cereal and a couple of different kinds of pureed vegetables. I even cut up a banana into tiny pieces to see if she would like it that way. She just played with them for a while and when I put some in her mouth she would gum it for a while and then spit it out. Tomorrow I am going for Barley cereal and apple sauce. We'll see how that goes. She does like drinking water and she's still doing great on breast milk so it's not like she's starving. She knows what she likes and she wants things to stay the same I guess! In other news, Aubrey now officially has 6 teeth! She has both bottom centrals, top centrals, and laterals. Oddly enough, her top laterals came before her centrals. It looked pretty funny for a little while. All these teeth came in within a 4 week period. It was pretty crazy. She's such a good girl though. There wasn't too much complaining coming from her but her cheeks were quite rosie and she wasn't sleeping as well as usual (even though it is was still better than most babies her age) but things are slowly getting back to normal. I just love this little girl. I love everything about her. I love the way she babbles on when she plays and how she gives this goofy little grin that shows off all her teeth. She melts my heart.
(I was really hoping to get a picture of the teeth, but she wasn't cooperating)
(If you look close enough, you can see them in this picture)
(Daddy/Daughter reading time; Yes, I got Chris into the Harry Potter series and he loves them! Who would have thought?!)
6 comments:
Its so fun to watch them grow! Its amazing the personality's they have at such a young age. Thats one thing I learned with Nate. You have to let them be who they are, you can't force them to be who you want them to be. It will all come when she's ready.
She is a doll!
Kelli Olsen
holy moly...the teeth! she's grown a ton even since you were here. you need to come again!
and i always knew chris would jump on the hp bandwagon. finally! enjoy!
love you guys...
It's called Leisa Harts-Fit Mama prenatal workout. I love it. Your little girl is growing so fast! I hear you guys are moving to the states, is it permanent?
Wow Ashley! Your baby is really cute and growing!! Sam didn't officially crawl til 10 months.
Oh my goodness I can't believe how big she is getting. It is funny how they are their own little people right from the start. She'll crawl when she wants to, she is just enjoying the good life. can you blame her?
She is so big and SO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment