A wonderful woman passed away this morning. My grandma Jensen. She was the only biological grandma that I knew which made her even more special to me. And even though today is a sad day for many, it's also a great blessing. You see, my grandma lived a hard life and I'm sure these past years were some of the hardest as she has been living in extended care for about 5 or 6 years now (sorry I've lost count) with her husband only able to be a visitor and not as many other visitors as she deserved, myself probably being the most sporadic visitor of all which is a great regret I will have forever as my mother warned me it would be. She is probably now having a wonderful reunion with her three children that passed on before her. I think the fondest memories I have of my grandma are all from when I was a little girl. I'll forever remember the big family gatherings at her house with the delicious meals that she made. She really was the best cook. She would also sit with me at her kitchen table and tell me stories of growing up on the farm and of her two horses that all of her siblings would ride to school.
I love you grandma and I'm sorry that I didn't show it very well at the end of your years. You really are the best. Rest in Peace.
Friday, 18 January 2008
Grandma, This One's For You
Posted by Ashley at 12:09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
ash.
what a great tribute. she really was a great lady.
see you this weekend...
see... this is why you need to post, because i had no idea your grandma passed! i'm so out of the loop. .
Thanks Ash, I appreciate your tribute so very much. Gramma would too. love, mom
very nice Ash. What a blessing we have believing in eternal familes.
Aw sorry to hear about your grandma, no fun. Well we are moving cuz Dustin got an amazing job offer and we are gonna go up for a couple years to make some Mulah!! ha but we'll be back forsure and I won't be alone cuz his sister lives there. We are pretty excited.
once a month has passed, i'm going to start harassing you for updates.
this your warning.
;)
Post a Comment