Thursday, 1 May 2008

Lonely! I'm Mrs. Lonely!

Wow! It's been quite the week! Chris took off for Virginia last Friday so Aubrey and I are a couple of lonesome stinkies. I think I feel how a single mother must feel except for the fact that there is a light at the end of the tunnel (I leave for Virginia on the 18th!. It's very tiring to not have any help whatsoever. I think this has made me realize just how much Chris does help me while he's here. Aubrey and I both miss him a lot. Church was especially difficult as I am the Relief Society chorister and I had no one to hand Aubrey off to. Luckily she was really good for most of it. The rest of the week has been pretty uneventful. I was just trying to do things to keep Aubrey and me busy. Today, however, was brutal. Aubrey has had a small case of "loose bowel movements" for the last couple of days and she has been on a bit of a hunger strike, refusing to eat most things besides small amounts of puffed wheat, cheese, and egg yoke. I just figured it was caused by too much fiber in her diet and maybe teething. Well, this morning she woke up a bit earlier than usual and she was in a bit of a fit (she usually wakes up happy). I went to get her and her room wreaked! She had poo all up her back and down her legs (not quite diarrhea, but almost... you get the picture). So I got her cleaned up and gave her her morning bottle, which she didn't quite finish, but sat up and projectile vomited all over me! I felt terrible for her. She has been fussy and whiney all day. She didn't want me to put her down ever and she just cuddled into me (which I secretly enjoyed as she is not a cuddler in the least). I took her to the doctor and he said he'd just call it some sort of viral thing and that there isn't anything I can do about it besides trying to keep her hydrated by giving her water and juice and not to worry about food unless she wants it. She is doing a bit better now and hopefully will be 100% by tomorrow. There are very few things that are harder than seeing your little baby so sick. I would have traded her places in a heartbeat. Needless to say, the day has left me extremely exhausted. It would have been nice to have anyone to trade off with.
Sorry about the lack of pictures. I'll get on that. Someday...

9 comments:

Jon, Wendy, Riley, Chris, and Jo said...

Smash,

I don't think any of us really wants to see pictures of what you just described . . . .

Skye said...

I'm so happy i found your blog! I'm sorry your little one has been so sick, you're right though, there's nothing worse than having a sick baby! I hope she's feeling better soon! (and you too!)

ec said...

come visit!

we'll party that loneliness right out of your system!

wait ... did chris take your car?

but seriously ... we'd love to have you.

ec said...

ash.

do it!

Carly & Jesse said...

poor little lady! what is Chris doing in VA? are you guys selling again this year?

The Five Jacksons said...

So sorry Aubrey's not well. It is hard to see your kids sick and even harder when hubby's not there! Hopefully you are both feeling better soon!
Jadi

Jon, Wendy, Riley, Chris, and Jo said...

(that was Jon) I am so sorry. That is tough. J is right here beside me with a high fever and lifeless at the moment too. Hope she feels better soon! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!! and miss you, and NO you cant go to Saskatchewan mwahahaha. Ok just joking, you know u can do what you want :) see you in a few.

Anonymous said...

This is Chris (your Lover)
dont know how to not make me 'anonymous'