Saturday, 24 May 2008

Here



I know it's been quite a while since my last post, but life has been a little hectic. I am now here in Virginia with Chris (I arrived Sunday night) and I think things will be a little calmer now that there isn't so much to get done.

The flight here was okay. It was a very long day and Aubrey was terrible on the flight from Calgary to Minneapolis. I felt so bad for all the other people on the plane. She was just so over tired and hasn't been able to sleep in my arms since she was a newborn no matter what I try. As soon as we were off the plane she was happy again and was so good on the flight from Minneapolis to Washington, D.C.. I think it was because she was receiving so much attention from everyone around us. The flight attendants were so nice and helpful too. Aubrey was so worn out by the time we arrived, but the excitement that showed up when she saw her daddy was priceless!

Not a whole lot has happened since I have been here, but it sure is nice to be with Chris again. Being on my own for three weeks was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I hope that I never have to do it again! At least when I am home without Chris for July and August I'll have my mom and dad around. That should make things a little easier.

There are 2 other wives here and they both have little girls around Aubrey's age. One is about 18 months and the other turned one on May 2nd. Aubrey and I have only seen them once, but I sure hope to see a lot more of them as Aubrey and I both enjoy the company. Chris' days are very long, especially Saturdays. But one of the wives (Jessica Wood; her sister Olivia is the other wife here) told me that all of the museums are free, including the White House and so is the D.C. Zoo! And the pool opens next week! So hopefully we'll be able to keep busy that way.

Now because it's been such a long time since I have posted any pictures, I have a lot to catch up on:


This is a 10 month shot of Aubrey. It's amazing to me how different she looks already!


Aubrey in her new ROOTS garb (10 months)


Cute hat, eh? (10 months)


Oh, and did I mention that I turned 21 on April 13? I know, I'm a youngun'!


Aubrey in her stroller at Hendersen. It was one of the many ways we kept ourselves busy while we were without Chris. (11 months)


More at Hendersen: I just thought it was a cute picture.

Aubrey trying to share her favorite snack of puffed wheat and cheese with me. (11 months; here in VA)


Aubrey's new shoes from Daddy! Chris has great taste :)

Aubrey loves to play in the swing! This is just outside our apartment. It's so nice to have a fun place to play nearby.

6 comments:

Mason Clan said...

She is so cute! Happy Birthday!!! I am glad that you are with Chris again ! Good luck this summer!

Ashley Smith said...

That is so much fun, I'm glad you can bee with your hubby, I know what it's like to be a work widow. Aubry is growing so big man oh man. Sooo cute.

ec said...

so glad you're there.

do you have a phone? we have calling to the states too.

i love all the pictures! they look fabulous ... but you forgot to post a belly shot. ;)

Carly & Jesse said...

how fun you are with your man! Aubry is getting so big! i am sure you are going to have a blast seeing all the sites! I am with Erin you didn't post a belly shot! Love you!

Jon, Wendy, Riley, Chris, and Jo said...

Yippy... Pictures! Loved em!
She is looking so much older.
Love ya!

The Lowry's said...

oh I bet you will have fun with Jess and Olivia this summer. There was something else I was going to say, but forgot.