Chris and I have started playing volleyball once a week. We alternate who gets to go and who gets to stay with the sleeping babes. This week was my turn and I think I got one of the best compliments. I think...
A few of us were standing in a circle just passing the volleyball around and chatting while others set up the net, stretched, and did whatever. We were all chatting, and naturally, my kids came up a few times. All of a sudden, this young boy (probably about 10) pipes up and says, "How old are you?" I just look at him and say, "That's none of your business!" His eyes went wide and everyone started laughing. Then I told him that I was just about 23. The boy says, "Really? You look like your 15! I was wondering why you kept mentioning your kids." His dad then said, "back off tiger, this is a happily married mother of two!"
This was especially comical to me because when I was 15, I think the youngest people ever guessed my age to be was 20. I have a picture of myself that when most people see it, they say I look like I'm 30. Yep, I was just 15. Maybe I am aging backwards!
Thursday, 11 February 2010
Just Call Me Benjamin Button
Posted by Ashley at 20:38
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
That wouldn't be so bad eh, you'll look awesome at 60 then!
All I can say is that you are a hot mother of two! That is fun about the volleyball...I miss playing every week.
Haha, that's awesome! Poor little guy though, probably thought he had a chance with you. Way to go breaking hearts...:)
Ha ha! You're super lucky!!! I wish i looked like i was 15!!
hahaha! that is so funny! yay for aging backwards!
hahhahah thats awesome!!!!
Sweet, who doesn't want to look younger than they are.
you looked old when you were 15? i don't remember. . . lol. but you look great now, so cheers to being a hot young mother of two!
p.s. this doesn't count as a real post, cause there weren't any pictures. lol
Yay a new post! That was for sure a compliment!! Wish it was me! I use to love it when I was little and people couldn't figure out who was older, me or Jess. It drove Jessica crazy because she is four years older. Lately people still can't figure it out..... its just not quite as fun when I'm wanting to hold onto my twenties! haha
I have to agree with the 10 year old, you do look young!! Lucky you! I'm dying to see recent pics of your kids, I'm sure they've grown tons.
Post a Comment