Monday, 12 April 2010

The Past 8 Months (Part I)

When we first got home from the summer we moved right into my parent's new house. We never did sell our condo but we are currently renting it out for the time being. It just makes it so much less stressful to not have to pay rent AND a mortgage during the summer and bills for two places. Most of our things had already been moved earlier in the summer by my wonderful parents with very little help from me! We just had to box up our things from Red Deer and put them away to wait for next summer. My parents are "snowbirds" and headed to St. George, UT the middle of October and won't be back until the end of April. We did live with them for just under two months but during that time they were gone for a couple of weeks to Russia. So even when they're here, they're gone a lot. But they are very easy people to live with! And our living arrangements work out perfectly. I think they like having us "taking care" of their house while they're gone and paying the bills and whatnot and it's really nice to have a place with space! I think Jensen would have gone mental in the little condo with no yard.

Chris has taken this past 8 months off of work and school. It was nice to have him around for a little while and we did get to do a lot of fun things as a family. We could just pick up and go whenever we felt like it! But having no routine or schedule gets really old really fast. We did take the kids to the Calgary Zoo on one of our outings, but of course I forgot the camera. It was their first time to go to any zoo and they loved it! It was quite cold out the day we went but thankfully most things are indoor. I think I enjoyed it even more than the kids did! I really love animals. Jensen seemed to like the tigers the most. He got so excited when we saw them and would say, "tiger" and roar. It was very cute.

We also finally got real family pictures done! We drove up to Okotoks and got them done by Arlee Greenwood. She is the daughter of my parent's really good friends so I've known her my entire life! Arlee is fantastic and very reasonably priced.


























Then there was Halloween... I didn't look for costumes until last minute so there was honestly nothing left in Aubrey's size. Last year we didn't buy anything until the day of and the costume only cost $6 so I was hoping to do the same thing again. It didn't work out so well for us! My MIL got Aubrey a wand, some gloves, a tiara, and some wings from the dollar store so she just wore those over her regular clothes. She was a fairy princess. Jensen wore Aubrey's costume from last year. He made one cute little horse. Teagan (my sis-in-law) and I took the kids up and down the block and they got a lot of candy. Then Chris and I took them to grandma and grandpa "great Shurtz's" and then home to bed. I think Aubrey and Jensen really enjoyed themselves. (Pictures of costumes to come... hopefully).

7 comments:

Mason Clan said...

Ash your gorgeous! What a cute family! Your kids are getting so big and they are both adorable!

ec said...

lovely pics, ash!

and i'm so excited to for baby #3! AND part II of this post!

Amber said...

Great pictures! Cute little Aubrey looks the same, but Jensen has changed a bit since I saw you guys...I didn't think he could get any cuter! Man, he is stinkin' cute. Good looking family, for sure!

The Lowry's said...

Um, i just saw in your profile that you named a fetus along with your other kids. Congrats! Can't wait for more update. Where did the time go. I keep on meaning to call you to get together and now i have missed the chance. You are leaving. And the answer to where I get all my ideas? The internet. I will send you a link to a couple of my favorite sites for these things.

The Lowry's said...

Oh and cute family pics by the way.

Skye said...

Your pics look fantastic! I love you hair. I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! Where does the time go?

Schows said...

These pictures are so great! Such a cute family!! Wow your kids have grown so much!