Friday, 23 April 2010

Thanks Aubrey



I have mentioned this before, but since I have been pregnant, I have been a complete bag to say the least. I find it really hard to be rational and calm and my poor, sweet, innocent little ones take the brunt of it. When it comes to my kids, I am usually a very patient mom, but as of late... not so much. Just the littlest things bug me and put me over the edge. I hate that I am like this and every day I convince myself that I will do better. But I don't. I've been feeling pretty down about it to be honest. It's a good thing I have sweet little Aubrey around to lift me up when I am down. She helped me feel a little better by something she said as I was taking her potty.

Aubrey: "You're a good mom, mommy."
Me: "Oh, Aubrey, thank you. I really don't feel like I am lately."
Aubrey: "You're the best mom! I love you. You're the best."

What would I do without her around?

8 comments:

Skye said...

Awe! That's SO precious!!! Little ones know just what to say! Hang in there!!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

the best part?
kids always tell the truth.
so now you KNOW that you're awesome!

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

oh my, she reminds me of tiffany!

Ashley said...

I love that picture! and look at her hair, it is so long and pretty. What sweet girl!

Amber said...

She is so cute! I am a grouchy pregnant person as well. It is really hard, but a common problem, I think. it would seem that in some ways, kids understand. :)

I love the bird balcony post. :)

Ryan and Amanda said...

Don't you just love kids! They say and do the darndest things when you are feeling terrible and it makes you feel so much better. I recently read a book about a woman who only had one child and who she quit nursing sometime before the age of 2 (I can't remember when exactly). She said if she had known he would be her only child she would have kept nursing him longer. I try and remember that with Josh when things are going tough. If he is to be my only child I want to enjoy every minute I have with him, even if its cuddling with him in bed for an hour or more to get him to go to bed...hmmm, I just re-read what I just wrote about cuddling, that may change someday soon...but as for now I am just enjoying every minute possible!
Anyway, I got your message the other day but got home late and then was gone all day Saturday and am just to tired and lazy to pick up the phone. I am gone tomorrow morning but will call in the afternoon! Talk to you soon!

The Lowry's said...

Love her smile. That is how Bryce smiles right now too. You are a great mom. We all have our bad days and like you said, just keep on trying each day to be better. That is what I strive for.

Schows said...

That is so sweet. Thank goodness for sweet little girls. Aubrey is particularly beautiful.