Wednesday, 2 June 2010

It's A...

Surprise!

I had my ultrasound a week ago today. The experience was actually a huge disappointment for me. I didn't have the girl that I had the last two times and I found out that she only works Tuesdays and Thursdays. The u/s tech I had was older and very by the book. For the first 40 minutes she wouldn't let me look at the screen and didn't say a word while she did the measurements so I just laid there in silence, staring at the ceiling while Chris watched at times and would fall asleep at other times. For the last 10 minutes she showed us a few things and explained what they were and then she gave us a strip of pictures and that was it. The pictures aren't as clear as they were with Aubrey's and Jensen's ultrasounds. I think it's because with the first two my bladder was full the entire time. This time the tech had me pee everything out after the first few minutes of the u/s. Maybe that makes a difference?

Today I had my doctor's appointment. I found out that everything from the ultrasound came back normal. The baby is perfect! That was such a relief to me because after the u/s was over Chris asked me if I felt like something was wrong. I guess he had gotten the feeling that something was wrong because during the u/s there was a point where the tech kept going back to the same thing and re-measuring and putting up side-by-side pictures of the same thing. After Chris told me that I started to stress a little bit so to hear that everything came up normal... well, I was so happy to hear it. I could have found out the gender today as well, but I didn't. I'm still torn so as long as I'm torn I'm not going to find out. Chris now wants to find out! I guess we'll see.

On a side note, this afternoon my mom volunteered to watch the kids while I ran into Lethbridge to run a few errands. I decided to take Aubrey along so that we could have a "mommy/daughter date." It's not very often that we get to do things, just the two of us. In Lethbridge we ordered her birthday cake, ran to Chapters to buy a birthday gift for my dad, played at the Henderson playground, ate at A&W, and grabbed some things from Wal-mart before we came home. It was actually a very enjoyable afternoon together. She acted really great most of the time and I managed to stay calm when she started to get a little sassy and irrational. Overall, I'm so glad we did it.

This evening, after the kids were in bed I got to go for a walk with my friend Amanda. We used to go fairly regularly before it got too cold. I've missed that and I'm a little sad that I won't be around this summer to go walking with Amanda regularly. We're exercising while having great conversation. It's great.

So it was a fantastic day! I'm so thankful for that.

5 comments:

kyleandtaryn said...

FUN! Mommy-daughter dates are the best...I really need to have one with Claire, but Hannah and me are a package deal until she's going longer than 2 hrs without eating. What are you doing for Aubrey's birthday? Only two days to go...she's growing up too fast!

kyleandtaryn said...

Part two...
So clearly my brain is still mush because in the time I read that post and commented I forgot that it was originally about your ultrasound. So BOO to this U/S tech! I HATE when they ignore you, and it's the worst when you can't even watch. I don't think I've ever had a great experience except when i paid for it. I say that since you have a boy and a girl, you should make this one be a surprise. Even though i'm 99.9% positive it's a girl. Haha. I'm so glad everything is perfect with this pregnancy. I would have been freaking out too! Can't wait to meet this little angel!

Amber said...

Oh man. I think people that find out have immense self control...I lack in that area and always found out. I am glad everything is good! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Woods said...

I love the quote on your previous post! Sooo good.

The Lowry's said...

Amanda is great. I visit teach her. Glad you had a fun date with your girl. I thought you had gone already for the summer. I guess I was wrong. Yeah, that is so exciting that you are having a boy! Isn't it so fun to find out? Too bad that ultrasound tech was so ugh. It really does make a difference who you get. Hope everything continues to go well for you.