Tuesday, 8 June 2010

The "Want-To-Remembers"

-how every morning when Jensen wakes up, he'll call, "mommy" over and over again until I come get him and when I walk in the door he says, "hi!" like I'm the best thing he's ever seen
-the way Aubrey has started to curl her lips when she smiles
-how Jensen has no fear and does stunts like going down the slide at the playground on his tummy, feet first (thankfully)
-the times when Aubrey has accidentally hurt me in some way and will immediately say sorry and then tell me it's okay
-watching Jensen laugh hysterically as he gets "beat up" by my dad
-seeing how Aubrey is slowly getting more brave and trying out new things like climbing up slides, and wanting to swing higher and higher on the swings, and climbing up the wall climb on the playground
-Jensen's messy face after eating 3 fairly large servings of oatmeal with blueberries, maple syrup, and cinnamon
-Aubrey and Jensen's love for books and how they'll bring me many books throughout the day
-the way Jensen says please when he really wants something "peeeease?"
-how Aubrey is so great with the elderly over at the Good Sam's, how she'll hug each one, even the ones who seem a little bit on the scary side, and how she tries so hard to help out Grandpa Great
-how Jensen will come up and puts his arm around me, rests his head on my shoulder, and says "mommy"
-how excited Aubrey and Jensen were to see their daddy after not seeing him for an entire week
-how Jensen will sing the last word to every phrase of "Heavenly Father Loves Me" if I pause; Aubrey used to do the same thing
-the way Jensen is so tough and able to brush off his many bumps and bruises and at times will even laugh when other kids would cry
-how Aubrey will stay and play in her room quietly during quiet time until I come get her so that Jensen and I can have a nap.
-how when I focus on the "want-to-remembers", I can't remember the "live-throughs"...