Sunday, 6 March 2011

A Beautiful Day


Carter in his blessing outfit. He was so excited to finally get his baby blessing!

Carter received a name and a blessing today in church. We originally wanted to bless him back at Christmas time but with everyone getting sick it got pushed back. We waited until my parents were back from St. George and could be here with us. Chris gave a very beautiful blessing and Carter was so good through it. I was so nervous that, because he is an older baby, he would cry through the entire thing but he was happy, quiet and calm. I am also glad to report that he didn't barf on anyone during the blessing! In the circle was Carter's Dad, Grandpa Cahoon, Grandpa Shurtz, Grandpa George, Uncle Jess, Uncle Darcy, Uncle Andrew, Uncle Levi, and Bishop Rice.

After church we had a dinner with my family and Chris' family at my parent's house. Yummy food, good conversation, a great time all around! We really missed the ones who couldn't be here, namely, Darren, Amber, and Wendy.

I am so thankful for all the love and support we receive from our families. I am thankful for a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder and is able and willing to give our children blessings.

6 comments:

Karlene said...

yaa.. you blogged, the day of. i'm so proud...i thought i would be waiting forever lol.
so handsome, glad you guys had a great day also :)

Kelli Olsen said...

What a handsome little guy! Glad it was a beautiful day!

Jenna Ririe said...

He is so adorable! Such a special moment for you guys!

Francis Family said...

so cute. That's one big blessing circle! He's a loved boy forsure!

Also I read your last post on going to BC! At least your going somewhere nice! But I do agree with you on moving so much, especially with kids, it's gotta be tough. Fun experiences though!

The Lowry's said...

Truly a beautiful day.

Woods said...

Your kids are beautiful! And growing so fast. I loved the rhyme that Aubrey came up with! genius.