Thursday, 3 March 2011

Vivint.

APX is now Vivint. The name Vivint is derived from the word “vive” meaning “to live,” and the word “intelligent.” In using this combination, Vivint’s mission is clear: to help families “live intelligently” by creating simple, affordable, home automation systems where all devices work together to enhance safety and convenience and improve energy efficiency.
*Statement taken from the "Vivent" website.

Yes, this means it's that time of year again when this little family really starts thinking about our plans for the summer ahead and yes, this year we are, once again, doing summer sales. And where are we off to this time?

Drum roll please...


Victoria, British Columbia!

I have known since November that this is where we are going but it has taken me a while to wrap my head around it. I'm sure it's going to be great but it's definitely going to be... interesting? at the same time. Chris is leaving April 11th for northern BC where he will be part of a traveling office, going from town to town and living in hotels, for April and May. The kids and I will not be joining him until the beginning of June when the office will be settling in Victoria for June, July, and August. I am a little nervous about playing single mom for a couple of months but I am thankful that I have a lot of support from family and my ward so I know we'll be just fine. My mom has volunteered to drive out to Victoria with me and the kids and then fly home. She's awesome like that.

This is summer #6 for Chris and I and he has promised that this is our last. I do hope that's the case as it is really hard on our family to be so transient. We haven't lived in the same place for more than 8 months at a time. It's also really hard that for 4 months we hardly see Chris. At the same time it is scary to think that this is it. It has been our mode of income since our first year of marriage and it's all we know! I'm just looking forward to have a more "normal" lifestyle starting once the summer is over.

9 comments:

Karlene said...

well that's exciting!!!!

but i know what you mean, i have friends that do it and thier kids are in school...i can't even imagine. but coby wants us to come next year and karim is really considering it....oh my, little nerve racking for me lol.

kinda fun for you guys though, cuz once your kids are in school your kinda stuck...just think of all the "vacations" you've had ;)

good luck...and i hear were blessing our babies at the same time on the same day!! haha too fun....make sure you blog about it so i can see your cute family.

have a good sunday :)

Jenna Ririe said...

You guys will have a great summer! Victoria is beautiful! Way better than red deer some other places you've been going! Enjoy your (hopfully) last summer away!

karlielsa said...

My sister lives in Vancouver, she loves it. The summers are beautiful, it's so fresh. You are going to love every minute of it. I wish I could live out there but it's darn too expensive. Good luck with everything!

kelsey said...

This is so exciting! I know you will love it, I've always wanted to go there it looks so beautiful.

That's crazy how long you've been doing the summer thing. So what's next?!?!?

Gutierrez Family said...

how fun!!! ammon and i are to sell for vivint for the first time this summer! i'm nervous but excited!!! ammon has never sold before but i think he'll do pretty good! any advice for me or for us?!?

KiraE said...

How exciting... and nerve racking! We have been talking about going on a vacation there this summer... I'll let ya know and we can meet up!

The Lowry's said...

What an adventure. Might be nice to go somewhere so different this time. We will have to get together before you leave for the summer. I too miss our preschool class. I don't like my new one as much, but in some ways its good to have different moms, opinions etc from last semester.

Ashley Smith said...

xoxox good luck with it. Soak up your surroundings ( like you always do) I went there for a visit once and thought it was awesome.

devon said...

i wish i could come too!!!!!!

( when you are here alone before you go to join Chris - makes sure to call me! i will come and keep you and the kids company -or babysit if you need help! im serious!)

dev