In the last little while there has been a lot of changing of plans. First of all, Chris' Vivint office only did a month of their traveling office so Chris was in Victoria the end of May. After a lot of waffling back and forth between whether or not I was going to join Chris in Victoria, I decided to go.
The plan was that I would set out on the 16 hour drive with the kids (and no other adult as my mom was no longer able to come) on June 3rd. I was having a really hard time finding the motivation to pack though. After talking to a friend of mine who was also going out to join her husband I decided to wait and go with her so that we could caravan. We were going to leave on the 8th. Then that changed to the 10th. Then my friend decided she wasn't going to go. Once again I was back to making the long journey on my own.
I was still having a hard time finding the motivation to pack. Then, on the Thursday afternoon, Chris phoned me to tell me not to bother packing. They were closing the Victoria office! No one was selling very well out there so they decided to shut it down and send the sales reps to Calgary. Chris was packing up and leaving for Calgary that night. He was going to come down to Lethbridge on Sunday. I would finally get to see my hubby after being apart for 7 weeks!
On Friday I went out to Raymond for Stay n' Play and then hung out at my mom's for a bit to help her watch my brother's girls. While I was there I got a text from Chris that let me know he was home! What a fabulous surprise! I headed for home as soon as possible. It was so wonderful to be back together as a whole family. The kids were so happy to see their dad again and so sad to see him leave once more on Sunday morning. We had a fabulous weekend together and can't wait until he is back this upcoming weekend!
With this relocating to Calgary, the kids and I are going to stay here in Lethbridge and Chris will come home Saturday nights and go back up Monday mornings. I could go up and live there with Chris but would I have to wait until July so that they could find an apartment for us and Chris told me the apartments they are in are nasty. I'll pass. At least this way we are saving quite a bit of money as Chris will be on singles rent. I can also go up and get a hotel to visit him. Chris is excited to sell in the Calgary market and I am excited that I don't have to pack and move again! It's going to be a great summer!
Monday, 13 June 2011
Lots of Changes and a Reunion
Posted by Ashley at 21:42
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yeah! That worked out so nicely for you guys! I was wondering if you had left yet. We'll have to play again soon!
Yeah! It was fun to see you at stay and play. Hopefully we will run into each other again.
You can always crash here if you don't want to get a hotel.
That's such great news!
I will see you Friday?!
so glad you're not going anywhere ... now that we're here especially. we're working hard to get the house visitor-friendly so you can come crash.
thanks for all your help with the girls while we were gone. the girls LOVE aubrey!
Look who is finally checking blogs! I can't wait to find my cord so I can catch up! :) It was so fun to see you guys in July!
Post a Comment