Monday, 11 February 2013

Hello 2013!

I can't believe that it's February already! 2013 is going by so fast. I think the fact that Aubrey is in school and Chris is gone a lot makes the time go by even faster.

First off, I want to announce where the summer will be taking us this year. Drum roll please.......
..........................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................



Winnipeg!

Or rather, Chris will be heading to Winnipeg. The kids will be staying home. We will go out and visit a time or two, but I am so done with the packing up and moving and with Aubrey being in school now (not that kindergarten is a big deal, I really wouldn't think it a bit deal to pull her out a couple of months early)... I just feel like I want to be home this summer. I still have a couple of months to change my mind though.

Chris has been busting his butt. He is an office manager this year so he has been spending a lot of his time recruiting new guys. He has already got 12 guys signed on for sure and another handful of perspective recruits. He has the most recruits in his region! He also has been going out and selling around the Lethbridge area and will take some of his guys out to show them how it's done. I'm so proud of how hard he is working. It has definitely paid off. Now we just need to buy a second car so that I am not stranded most of the time. It's sure a good thing that we live so close to the school so that the boys and I can walk Aubrey there and home again.

Aubrey is really enjoying school! It only took her 4 months. She started out really not liking it and just wanting to stay at home with me which really surprised me. She has NEVER had an issue being away from me. She usually prefers other people over me. I think it was partly because we spent the entire summer just us and she really had to learn to trust me and love being around me because she had no other choice! And that led to hear actually liking me! She is doing really well in school and is starting to read and can actually write quite well for her age. It's really exciting to her and me!

Jensen is still my little mamas boy. He is my shadow and just loves to be near me. He has recently started to develop a better relationship with his dad. He even let Chris tuck him in the other night! That is huge. He still has a bit of a lisp and can't say his Rs or Ls. I'm not overly concerned about it, I know he'll eventually grow out of it but just last week I was able to take him to see a speech pathologist. I was just curious to see if his speech impediment was bad enough that we would be able to get funding for preschool and speech therapy. I was told that his lisp isn't very serious and he actually doesn't lisp on every S and the lisp is only on the S and not on other letters which is good. She did recommend that I make an appointment for an actual assessment when they do it in April where they will decide if he gets to take speech therapy next year. Jensen is turning 5 on August 28th and the cutoff for Kindergarten in this school division in September 1st so I have decided to not put him in Kindergarten for another year. I would rather him be the oldest in his class and not the youngest. I am not a huge advocate of preschool, I don't think it's necessary, but I figure since he will be 5 I might as well put him in something so he isn't too bored next year. He misses Aubrey while she is gone at school for half a day. I can't imagine how much he will miss her when she will be gone for a full day!

Carter is our clown. He is so funny and makes us laugh all the time. He knows how to charm and work a crowd and people just love him wherever we go. He talks A LOT and has turned into a little boy. There's not much baby in him anymore even though I still call him my baby. He knows his mind and knows how to hold his own. He hates footed pajamas and socks with a passion (summer will be great for this boy) and he also has a really hard time with tags. It's kind of funny how agitated he gets. He tells me all the time that he wants to be potty trained and wear "big boy underwear" and I know I should get on it, but I'm just not ready for the work it entails. I HATE potty training. I actually did try it for a day and just threw in the towel after about 8 hours. He could keep his underwear dry for a couple of hours at a time but I would sit him on the potty every 20 minutes anyway and sit him there for a long time and he never did do anything in the toilet. I know that as soon as he goes IN the potty, he will get it and we will be well on our way. I may just wait until the weather gets warm and then let him run around naked. Maybe that will help.

As for me, I am keeping busy doing the usual stay-at-home mom stuff. I have started cleaning a woman's house once a week for a few hours and I actually enjoy it! I am usually in the home all alone and it is so nice to have the quiet and feel like I have accomplished something and contributed something. I was going to apply to be a sub-custodian at the high school but for some reason I thought that it would be a during the day thing but the hours start right after school is over and Chris is always gone by then and I don't have anyone to watch the kids. Oh well. I would rather be at home with the kids myself anyway. It has just been a really hard year for us financially and I wanted to be able to pitch in. But that is all looking up now and I know that this is going to be one of our best years yet!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Loved catching up on your family! I can imagine all the kids have such fun personalities!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the update! We miss you guys! I personally am thrilled that you will be home this summer. I'm going to try to come home for a visit, with the kids, of course.

kelsey said...

so you are still alive. good to know. I love how you said you still have a couple of months to change your mind about going this summer! I'll be reading about your adventures out there I'm sure! lol. I hate potty training too. I decided to just wait until my kids do it themselves from now on. The struggle isn't worth a few more months in diapers! ha.

Amber said...

Sad news, Ashley...we can't leave the country while our latest paperwork that is being done is processing which could be 8 months! I am pretty bugged about it. It is mucho annyoing to not live in your own country. I won't be seeing all my fave people this summer! I was really sad about it when I was reading about your kids! They are growing up fast and I am missing it. We had better skype soon!