We had a wonderful weekend packed full of fun activities!
Good Friday:
We coloured Easter eggs with cousin Jonah. This was the first time that I have actually run the show and I really enjoyed it! We didn't dip the eggs in dye. We got one kit where you dip a sponge in dye and paint the egg. I think that was the favorite. We also tried a method I found on pinterest where you put a few drops of food colouring in shaving cream, swirl it around with a toothpick, and then swirl the egg around and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off. It is supposed to create a marbled look. It worked ok but was VERY messy!
After the egg colouring party was over we realized that Carter was rather silent. Silence from Carter has never been a good thing up to this point but I found him in his room like this:
Poor tired boy. He almost made it to his bed!
So while Carter napped Grandpa took the other kiddos and I to roll Easter eggs down a hill. We used to do this when I was a kid. I'm not entirely sure of the purpose/significance. I have heard that it is supposed to represent the rolling away of the stone from in front of Christ's tomb. Whatever the reason, it is a lot of fun for the kids!
The planned location was the golf course, but when we showed up, there were people golfing on the very hole we planned to use! Off we went to find a new location. We found a ditch with a fairly steep hill but it was also a fail because the grass was too long and the eggs couldn't roll through it.
Location #3 was a success! We found a decent hill behind the hospital that worked out perfectly!
It was hard to convince the kids that it was time to go home, but they had destroyed most of the eggs so we did eventually get them in the car. We went home and ate some delicious home-made pizzas. A new Friday tradition.
Saturday:
Bright and early in the morning the kids and I got ready and headed over to Gma & Gpa Cahoon's where the Easter bunny had hid all the treats! The kids had a blast hunting for the goodies.
And they got a good haul! Thanks Easter bunny!
When the hunt was over we got to eat a delicious waffle breakfast made by Gma Cahoon.
And then it was off to Grandma & Grandpa Shurtz's to colour more eggs. This time the kids got to enjoy dipping them in dye and the shaving cream/food colouring experience was tried again. Grandma Shurtz was smarter than me and wore gloves when rolling the eggs in the shaving cream.
One thing I learned was that Jensen really enjoys dying Easter eggs. I think he could have done it all day had their been enough eggs!
When the eggs were all gone the kids got to hunt for some goodies from Grandma and Grandpa in the back yard. These kiddos arespoiled loved!
Easter Sunday:
We enjoyed a quiet, relaxing Easter Sunday. I purposefully didn't do a hunt for the kids on Easter Sunday. I feel the the entire weekend should be focused on the Saviour and what He did for us, but that is what Sunday is completely dedicated to for us. We enjoyed our church meetings and when we got home we read a book called "The Easter Walk" which is about a grandfather who takes his grandson and granddaughter on an Easter walk and teaches them about the true meaning of Easter. It is a really cute book and the kids really enjoyed it. We had a nice dinner with my parents and a quiet evening. I liked it that way.
Easter Monday:
Every Easter so far we have gone over to Grandma Great Shurtz's for painting eggs and an Easter egg hunt and this year was no different!
First there was the egg dying:
And then there was the egg hunt:
And then the kids just enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather. Carter really enjoyed the fun play-yard and mastered climbing the wall!
And lastly the kids played Easter bingo for their Easter treats:
We all love going over to Grandma and Grandpa Great Shurtz's house. It is always a fun time with all the cousins.
When we were all through my mom picked us up and we went for a drive out to the ridge to see my Grandpa Jensen's farm. I hadn't been there since I was really little so it was fun for me. The kids were so tuckered out from the busy weekend that they all fell asleep on the drive.
Good Friday:
We coloured Easter eggs with cousin Jonah. This was the first time that I have actually run the show and I really enjoyed it! We didn't dip the eggs in dye. We got one kit where you dip a sponge in dye and paint the egg. I think that was the favorite. We also tried a method I found on pinterest where you put a few drops of food colouring in shaving cream, swirl it around with a toothpick, and then swirl the egg around and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off. It is supposed to create a marbled look. It worked ok but was VERY messy!
| The shaving cream eggs |
After the egg colouring party was over we realized that Carter was rather silent. Silence from Carter has never been a good thing up to this point but I found him in his room like this:
Poor tired boy. He almost made it to his bed!
So while Carter napped Grandpa took the other kiddos and I to roll Easter eggs down a hill. We used to do this when I was a kid. I'm not entirely sure of the purpose/significance. I have heard that it is supposed to represent the rolling away of the stone from in front of Christ's tomb. Whatever the reason, it is a lot of fun for the kids!
The planned location was the golf course, but when we showed up, there were people golfing on the very hole we planned to use! Off we went to find a new location. We found a ditch with a fairly steep hill but it was also a fail because the grass was too long and the eggs couldn't roll through it.
Location #3 was a success! We found a decent hill behind the hospital that worked out perfectly!
It was hard to convince the kids that it was time to go home, but they had destroyed most of the eggs so we did eventually get them in the car. We went home and ate some delicious home-made pizzas. A new Friday tradition.
Saturday:
Bright and early in the morning the kids and I got ready and headed over to Gma & Gpa Cahoon's where the Easter bunny had hid all the treats! The kids had a blast hunting for the goodies.
And they got a good haul! Thanks Easter bunny!
When the hunt was over we got to eat a delicious waffle breakfast made by Gma Cahoon.
And then it was off to Grandma & Grandpa Shurtz's to colour more eggs. This time the kids got to enjoy dipping them in dye and the shaving cream/food colouring experience was tried again. Grandma Shurtz was smarter than me and wore gloves when rolling the eggs in the shaving cream.
One thing I learned was that Jensen really enjoys dying Easter eggs. I think he could have done it all day had their been enough eggs!
When the eggs were all gone the kids got to hunt for some goodies from Grandma and Grandpa in the back yard. These kiddos are
Easter Sunday:
We enjoyed a quiet, relaxing Easter Sunday. I purposefully didn't do a hunt for the kids on Easter Sunday. I feel the the entire weekend should be focused on the Saviour and what He did for us, but that is what Sunday is completely dedicated to for us. We enjoyed our church meetings and when we got home we read a book called "The Easter Walk" which is about a grandfather who takes his grandson and granddaughter on an Easter walk and teaches them about the true meaning of Easter. It is a really cute book and the kids really enjoyed it. We had a nice dinner with my parents and a quiet evening. I liked it that way.
Easter Monday:
Every Easter so far we have gone over to Grandma Great Shurtz's for painting eggs and an Easter egg hunt and this year was no different!
First there was the egg dying:
And then there was the egg hunt:
And then the kids just enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather. Carter really enjoyed the fun play-yard and mastered climbing the wall!
And lastly the kids played Easter bingo for their Easter treats:
We all love going over to Grandma and Grandpa Great Shurtz's house. It is always a fun time with all the cousins.
When we were all through my mom picked us up and we went for a drive out to the ridge to see my Grandpa Jensen's farm. I hadn't been there since I was really little so it was fun for me. The kids were so tuckered out from the busy weekend that they all fell asleep on the drive.

4 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend! Your kids are getting so big. I can't get over how grown up Carter is getting...he is such a stud!! Miss you lots!
Oh my gosh your kids look stinking old in these pictures! SAD! So cute though, and I love the sleeping Carter pictures.
I thought you were lost forever!!!!
I'm so glad I found your new blog on Kelsey's link - ha!
Post a Comment