Holy smokes. May went by super fast. I can't believe it is already June! So much has happened since I last blogged and so it's time to play catch-up.
First off, I missed a few events in April. There were a few nice days that we were able to get out and about and on one of those days we were able to enjoy a picnic at Henson Park with Grandma Cahoon which is always a blast!
On April 12 I got to go (kid free) to Medicine Hat to witness my brother Darren's Call to the Bar. He became an official lawyer! He worked really hard to get there and we are so proud of him and his accomplishment. It was a real honour to be invited to such an occasion. It was a really impressive ceremony and a fun time spending it with family.

Straight from Medicine Hat, my parents, Wendy, and I made our way up to Red Deer where we would be spending the night before we headed up to Edmonton for my cousin's Wedding the very next day. On our drive up to Edmonton from Red Deer we got into a little bit of a car accident because of the terrible roads. We hit some ice and spun out of control and hit the ditch. I was driving. It was my birthday. Happy birthday to me. Luckily, we all walked away unscathed and the car was still drivable. The women (my mom, Wendy, Cheryl, and I) were able to head on to the the wedding while my dad and Jess stayed with the car until it could get towed. They did manage to make it to the family dinner and the reception so all was not lost. It was a beautiful wedding and turned out to be an alright day in spite of the car accident. All's well that ends well.
 |
| That semi in the background is heading south. We were heading north. It was a complete miracle that the car didn't roll. Someone was definitely watching over us. |
The very next day we went to church with Jess and Cheryl in Red Deer and there I got to sing a duet with Jess. We sang a song that I got the music for the day before. It turned out pretty good even though our accompanist had some music trouble. Love you Cheryl :)
The next date of note: April 25th. Chris left for Brandon, Manitoba. He was living in a hotel and selling in Brandon for a few weeks and he is now in Winnipeg and rooming with 2 other guys in an apartment. He is doing fairly well out there. Better than he did last year up to this point anyway so that's good. So we have been apart for just over a month and have just under 3 months to go! As hard as it is to be apart I don't really see how it is going to be possible for the kids and I to go out there. We just have so much going on here at home and at least when I am here I have help from family and friends when I need it. When I go out wherever Chris is I have very little help and hardly see Chris anyway. So as it stands we just make sure we get on Google Plus Hang out every day as a family.
Not very long after Chris left we got to have a little house guest join us for short while. My sister's dog Zoey! We really loved having her around and it just really reinforced that our house needs a dog someday. Hopefully soon. We loved having Zoey stay with us, but sadly Zoey had to go stay with someone else. At least it's just down the street at my in-laws' house so we still get to see her often. She is just a fabulous dog. Such a sweetheart.
 |
| We love Zoey and I'm pretty sure she felt the same about us. |
It was our annual Parent Preschool year-end party at the fire station on May 9. We had so much fun exploring all the big trucks once again! I don't think the kids ever get sick of that but the moms most certainly do! The boys and I are sad that parent preschool is over for the school year. It's crazy to think that it will just be me and Carter next year.
 |
| Our Class! It was an awesome group! |
On Mother's Day, after stake conference, the kids and I along with Jan and the Pennys went to spend the afternoon/evening in Waterton. It was an extremely windy day but still beautiful. We hung out at the playground for a bit where we met up with Gma & Gpa Shurtz for a bit and had a picnic, then drove around enjoying the beauty, and of course went and threw rocks in the lake. The highlight of the day for me was hiking bears hump. I haven't done that since I was 17. The kids loved it until we got to the very top where it was so so windy you could easily get blown off! I took Aubrey, Jensen, and Carter down lower, back into the cover of the trees where we waited for the big boys to be done with their shenanigans. It was a very lovely day and I'm so glad we did it. I'm looking forward to spending more time there this summer!
 |
| Lovely Waterton sky |
 |
| Wendy's baby Zoey came too! |
 |
| I love watching kids in imagination play. Stranded pirates working together! |
|
 |
| Hiking Bears Hump! Aubrey got a ride... |
 |
| At the top. All 3 kids were bawling because they were terrified of how windy it was! |
 |
| The hiking group |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures of the day. Sadly, it won't rotate for some reason. Carter just LOVES his big cousins. |
One really exciting thing that happened this past month was that I started a home business! I never thought in a million years that I would do something like this! The business is called Nucerity and our flagship product that we sell is called Skincerity. It is seriously the most amazing product! I have seen it do amazing things for other peoples' skin and even amazing things for my skin and my kids' skin! Skincerity is mostly marketed as an anti-aging cosmetic but it is so much more! Yes, it is great for fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and sun damage, but it is also great for acne, bug bites, sun burn, scars, stretch marks, warts, rosacea, psoriasis, diaper rash, eczema, those red bumps on the back of arms... basically any skin condition. It's seriously amazing! It has been a really great month for me business wise and I am so excited to keep moving onward and upward with it!
A few other noteworthy events from the moth of May was the sewage backup we had on the 24th. It was BAD. Our basement has to get new carpet, new drywall 4 feet up, new baseboards and door moldings, and a new bathroom. The demolition has already occurred and now we just await the reconstruction. It's going to be fun (note the sarcasm). Just a week and a couple of days after the sewage backup we had water coming in through the ceiling in our kitchen. Our New roof was leaking. Thankfully some good friends came over and saved the day by climbing up into the attic and finding where the water was coming in and putting plastic and tarps on the roof. I am so thankful that I have such amazing friends!
So that catches us up! I'll just end off with a picture of my beautiful sleeping Carter who likes to put himself down for a nap on the couch every once and a while. What a treasure.
3 comments:
Oh my heavens! Carter is so big and a little mini-me Jensen (at least to me he is). Love reading your blogs.
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are SO cute!! My favourite picture is of the dog sleeping with Audrey. And all the Waterton pictures. I miss that place!!
Loved the update! Just not the sewer backup and leaking part! :( Hopefully insurance covers everything and you get a brand new basement out of it! Sure miss you...if you're ever up for a road trip come SEE US! :)
Post a Comment