Friday, 7 June 2013

Princess Aubrey is 6!

The Birthday Girl

Aubrey turned 6!!! on Wednesday. I'm sure I'm going to say this about her with every age but I can't believe I have a 6 year old! On her special day we didn't do too much out of the ordinary but we barbequed some hamburgers as per her request. I think she had an enjoyable day. Today was the party day for her! It was her first friends birthday party and 4 of the 7 friends she invited were able to come! Rissa Strong, Jenny-Jane Harper, Sierra Keeler, and Bella Malacko were here to celebrate with Aubrey at her Hello Kitty party. I think it turned out super cute!

 
 The first thing the girls did was colour Hello Kitty pictures. They actually stayed at that for quite a while. Girls are so great!


They then made Hello Kitty candy necklaces.


Then they played "keep the balloon off the ground" with a Hello Kitty balloon.


After which we had a little lunch of cucumbers & carrots (which looked like little flowers that I should have taken a picture of because the were so cute...), watermelon, grapes, and pizza which was followed by delicious cupcakes. Sadly, the kids didn't appreciate the made from scratch deliciousness quite like some of us adults did. What a waste. I will never do cake/cupcakes for friend parties ever again. Lesson learned.


Present time came next! We played spin the bottle to decide whose present Aubrey would open first. She was spoiled by all her friends and family and was so happy with everything she got. I loved to see her hug each friend and thank them for their gift after she opened it. A proud mommy moment.


Last we played "button, button, who's got the button", been bag toss with Hello Kitty Bean bags tossed into a Hello Kitty bucket, and musical chairs right up until the parents came to get their girl. Each friend went home with a Hello Kitty loot bag filled with Hello kitty goodies. Only one child had tears so overall I think it was a success! I'm glad it's over though and that we don't have to do this again for 2 years! At least not for Aubrey... Growing up we got to have friend birthday parties on our even years and family parties (plus maybe one friend) on our odd years and I plan on continuing on with that tradition. It's a good one.

Cute little Aubrey with her cute little friends!

Happy Birthday my sweet Aubrey! I sure love you!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Awww! So cute! Good job, Ash! We do that tradition too because it is the best and birthday parties are the worst. All three of my kids are on odd years this year, and I only did one party last year, so I am feeling like we are on a pretty good streak! Are the pictures at your house? I haven't seen it at all...so cute, so hopefully worth all the trouble it has caused you! :)

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! Wow, she is looking so grown up and gorgeous these days! Good job with the party, Ash. Everything looks adorable!

kyleandtaryn said...

Oh my goodness Ashley, she is SO grown up, I can't even believe it! Happy belated birthday Aubrey!

Kristen Gibb said...

Ashley!! It blows my mind that you have a 6 year old!! She's so pretty and you're such a fun mom!!