I'm sure some of you have just given up on my blog altogether as it has been so long since I have posted anything. I have a perfectly logical explanation... sort of. I just didn't have my camera with me and felt it just wasn't the same without the pictures. So here is my catch-up post as it was quite a full month. Most pictures from the month of August will have to be added at a later date as they are on my mom's computer!
First off, my friend Sheighla McClung had a baby boy on the 3rd of August. He was named Cole Jay (I hope this is correct information)! I had already forgotten how small a newborn is... It's crazy to think that he was even bigger than Aubrey was at birth weighing in at 8lbs 8oz. What a
cutie!
Aubrey then hit the 2 month mark on August 5th. My little baby has just grown like a weed and I can hardly believe it.
Nash and Aubrey were also able to spend some quality cousin time together. I don't think they really realized that they were next to one another!
On August 9th, Aubrey went on her first plane ride and was fantastic as usual! Unfortunately we were on a full flight from Toronto to Calgary and we were sitting beside two inconsiderate teenage girls. Needless to say, it wasn't the most fun plane ride home and felt like the longest flight of my life!
For 3 weeks, Aubrey and I stayed with my mom and dad and had a BLAST! We went to the cabin in Polson, MT on Flathead lake where Aubrey met her Great Aunt Louise and Great Uncle Bryce as well as her Aunt Amber and cousins Porter, Autumn, and Marik. She really loves her cousins! Most of our time being back in Alberta was spent hanging out with Grandma Cahoon at the house in Raymond. We were able to paint Aubrey's nursery. She Also got to meet Grandpa Shurtz, Uncle Darcy, Uncle Tanner, and Uncle Levi. It's been a month of Aubrey meeting family!
Round 2 at the cabin for the September long brought Uncle Darren, Aunt Erin, and cousins Alivia and Halle. What a fun time it was! Halle just couldn't get enough of Aubrey. It was pretty cute!
Aubrey and I then went to Waterton for the rest of the long weekend to be with the Shurtz family and enjoyed a couple of firsts. I went on my first mountain bike ride while Aubrey was left with Grandma to take a bottle (which she had not done for quite sometime) and be without me for many hours. It wasn't the easiest thing for me to do but it was fun! The best part of the entire weekend was finally being reunited with my Chris. I have to say that leaving Chris for that long was the hardest thing I have ever done and I will NEVER do it again unless it is absolutely necessary. It made me gain a greater appreciation for him and I think it made Chris realize that he needs me too. He missed a lot of Aubrey's milestones such as the discovery of her fist, her first giggle and just some major changes growth wise. Our little family reunion was ever so sweet, especially seeing my wonderful husband greet his precious baby girl.
Sunday, 9 September 2007
A Month In Review
Posted by Ashley at 22:30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
oh too cute! u have quite the knack for writing..i love reading your blog!
Post a Comment