Tuesday, 4 December 2007

A Week of Fun

On November 25th Aubrey and I followed Darren and Erin out to Saskatoon for a week long visit. It was a long drive but it sure was worth it. The arrival was a bit of a shock to the system to see so much snow and then get out into the freezing cold. I think the average temperature was about -20 degrees. Aubrey has never experienced that kind of cold. Needless to say, we spent all of our time indoors and didn't venture out much which was not only because of the cold, but in part because Erin was stuck watching Jost for the week (which she does every week for a friend while she goes to work). How nice is she? I got to meet a few of Erin's friends, learn a bit about Joy School and enjoy some of Erin's fabulous cooking. We also had a photo shoot with Aubrey (click here to see some of the pics), did some shopping, went to basketball (which only one other person showed up to) and watched a couple of movies. I didn't get to see too much of Darren though. He has quite a busy schedule. There there is Liv and Halle. They are a total blast. They adore Aubrey and Aubrey totally adores them. She just couldn't get enough of them! It would crack me up when Halle would run to the couch, hold out her arms and say, "baby" every time Darren or Erin was Holding Aubrey and Livvy would always let Aubrey hold her finger (well, maybe force her to)and talk about how much Aubrey liked her and how she liked all of Aubrey's stuff. I think the funniest part of the week was the one morning when I actually did my makeup. I came out of the bathroom and Liv started laughing. She told me that my eyes looked funny. Ha! Erin tried to reassure me that I looked nice but we all know it's the toddler that always tells the real truth. Thanks Liv! Some things are good to know. Overall it was nice to just visit with some of my family and have someone to be around during the day. Thanks again, guys, for a fun week!

This is Patty (my car) out in the cold. Look at all that snow!This is Jost, the little boy that Erin babysits. He honestly has this expression on his face 90% of the time.
These are pictures of the photoshoot. Erin is fantastic!

Aubrey and Halle are having a great time together. I think they'll be great friends when they're older too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so nice to meet you! glad you had fun in saskatoon.

ec said...

ash...it was so fabulous to have you here. come again, please?

miss you, and aubrey of course!

Anonymous said...

hey ya hes 24 almost 25, he has younger sisters, Sarah-23 Rachel-20 almost 21 karen, the other girl there said you looked familiar as well! next time your in town the three of us should go for a girls night!

Gramma C. said...

Hi Ash, its mom, loved reading about your trip to Saskatoon, wish that I could have been there but here in St. George there is no snow and at this point in life, I love that. Aubrey's pics are adorable. Good job Erin.

The Lowry's said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. I would love to be around Erin's little girls for even one day. I'm sure they are just so much fun although Jaycie is pretty fun too. I think it just keeps on getting better and better. So when you think aubrey is so cute and so much fun, just wait, it gets better.

Francis Family said...

Haha the picture of her in the touque in the basket is adorable!! She is getting so big and she is so cute!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

she is a doll ashley! love the pics!