Saturday, 8 November 2008

*Me and Mine


I really feel like I've neglected this poor little guy as far as blogging goes. Jensen turned 2 months on the 28th of October and I can hardly believe it. Didn't I just have him yesterday? I call him my little guy, but truth be told, he's not so little. At his 6 week Dr.'s appointment (which he had at 6 weeks and 5 days old) he weighed 13lbs 8oz! I weighed him again when he got his vaccines the day he turned 2 months old and he weighed 15lbs 2oz (keep in mind that at the Dr.'s he was completely nude and when I weighed him at the health clinic he had a very full diaper and was fully clothed). He is also just over 24" long putting him off the charts for height and weight. He's growing like a weed! I do get a lot of comments on his size and I usually just brush them off but this last Sunday I had a comment that I found a little offensive. A lady at my in-laws ward (who I do know as it was my ward when I lived in Raymond) came up to me and went on for honestly 5 minutes about how huge he was and how I got gipped(sp?) (yeah, she used that very word) and never once said congratulations or commented on how cute he was, just kept going how "huge" he was. But you know what, his size just shows that I have good milk, he is healthy, and I think it also contributes to how good he is. He's now sleeping 9 hours at night! What more could a mom ask for? Well, I guess I could ask for 12 hours, but I'll take what I can get. He's such a mover too. He even started rolling over at 5 weeks! I'm thinking he's going to keep me busy.


And then there is Aubrey. She is honestly the funniest kid around and so smart too! It's kind of crazy, the things she is picking up on lately, things that I don't even realize I say or do. She has a fairly extensive vocabulary for her age to boot and jabbers on all the time. It cracks me up. My favorite moments with her lately have been putting her to bed. I get to cuddle her for a few minutes while I sing her a primary song and as soon as I finish singing and I am about to lay her down, she gives me a tight hug and a kiss. It erases all the hard moments of the day and just makes me even more glad that I'm her mom.

Words can't express how much I love these two. They light up my life. Sometimes it may seem like I complain about the monotony of life with changing a lot of diapers and the like that comes with two very little ones, but I'm not complaining. I love being a mom and I wouldn't change anything about where life has taken me.

*Sorry Kels, I just had to steal your blog title for this post. It was just so fitting!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, I am so glad to see a picture of Jensen! He is SO CUTE! I got the huge comments with Porter and Marik, and I definitely had a harder time with it with Porter...people are just lame and they feel the need to say odd things to new moms and pregnant women...bad move, I think. The thing is, it is great to be big when you are a boy!

Mason Clan said...

I love this post... Your kids are adorable... I wish that Carter would talk more.. He doesnt even seem interested in learning.. Its sad and i feel like my son is delayed.. haha I think Jensen is so cute.. Your such a good mom!!!

Ellsworth Clan said...

you and chris have such a beautiful family! hopefully one day we can meet your cute children!!!

Ashley Smith said...

I think that lady is NUTS. I think he looks cute and perfect. We really should get our kids together, I think it would be fun.

ec said...

what darling babies you have.

chubby babies rule.

i'll call you soon!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

umm hello..the chubbier the baby the better! they are so cuddly and squeezable..who doesnt like that!! It just means he is healthy and thriving and is a fantastic eater! I think he adorable..people say the strangest things dont they?

you have an adorable family ashley..you deserve to be a very proud mumma!

keep the great work!

Francis Family said...

Hey Ash, ya I love when people are rude like that eh. Trust me I got all the comments when I was pregnant, it makes ya feel great! haha Well I think he is cute! My girls are chubby too and I kind of get annoyed when people comment on it. Not that their big just chubby but thats what babies are supposed to be!!!

kelsey said...

people are seriously so ignorant sometimes. ha. it makes me laugh, even though at the time, it really makes me furious! jk. i love the new pic of jensen, he's so cute! who does he look like? i can't decide, but he definitely came from you two!

The Lowry's said...

Don't worry about what the others say about your baby being big. I get that all the time with Bryce. He isn't that big, just a little above average, but people always seem to comment on his size. There seems to be a stigma with big babies, like they are way better if their small. Bugs me. It really does. But I have gotten over it now, or have I?
I like that last paragraph, describes my feelings too.

Thanks for your comments, I enjoy them since I don't get too many.