I honestly thought that this year the kids and I weren't going to be able to go down to St. George but when Chris informed me he was going to be gone all week to sell in Medicine Hat I asked him if it would be OK if I went down to St. George. He said that if I was going to go, that would be the best time. So I asked my parent's what they thought of me following them down to St. George. They at least pretended like they thought it was a great idea so I hurried and got the kids to bed so that I could get packing as we made the decision to go Friday night and my parents were leaving the next morning at 5!
The drive down went really well. My Aunt Louise and Uncle Bryce drove down in the same car as my parents so I always had one of my parents with me in my car and I didn't have to do much of the driving! We made it all in one piece and in good time.
On Sunday we mostly relaxed and of course went to church. Well, the kids and I attempted church. My mom and dad live in a retirement community so their branch has no kids in it so there is no noise whatsoever. My kids aren't terrible at church usually but any sound that came out of them caused many heads to turn. Carter just wasn't having it in there either and decided to be extra loud so I spend most of my time walking the halls with him before I decided to just take him and Jensen home. Aubrey stayed with Grandma so that she could go to Primary. She was the only child in it. She loved it.
On Monday we packed up a picnic lunch and went to Pioneer canyon. The kids and I had never been there before and we loved it! It is a really neat place. There are little caves that apparently the Pioneers lived in when they first settled St. George. There is even one that has a fireplace/chimney in it. We had a blast eating food and hiking and exploring. I got to visit with one of my very best friends from high school who has moved to St. George too! The kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave. We definitely wore ourselves out though as when we got home everyone fell asleep (except Aubrey - she hates napping). Carter had a 4 hour nap!
On Tuesday my mom and I took the kids to the St. George temple and we picked up my Aunt Linda so she could join us. The St. George temple is probably one of my favorites. It is just so beautiful and so white! I even got to attend a session on Wednesday night with my friend Mandy and it is even more beautiful on the inside.The drive down went really well. My Aunt Louise and Uncle Bryce drove down in the same car as my parents so I always had one of my parents with me in my car and I didn't have to do much of the driving! We made it all in one piece and in good time.
On Sunday we mostly relaxed and of course went to church. Well, the kids and I attempted church. My mom and dad live in a retirement community so their branch has no kids in it so there is no noise whatsoever. My kids aren't terrible at church usually but any sound that came out of them caused many heads to turn. Carter just wasn't having it in there either and decided to be extra loud so I spend most of my time walking the halls with him before I decided to just take him and Jensen home. Aubrey stayed with Grandma so that she could go to Primary. She was the only child in it. She loved it.
On Monday we packed up a picnic lunch and went to Pioneer canyon. The kids and I had never been there before and we loved it! It is a really neat place. There are little caves that apparently the Pioneers lived in when they first settled St. George. There is even one that has a fireplace/chimney in it. We had a blast eating food and hiking and exploring. I got to visit with one of my very best friends from high school who has moved to St. George too! The kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave. We definitely wore ourselves out though as when we got home everyone fell asleep (except Aubrey - she hates napping). Carter had a 4 hour nap!
![]() |
| Gma, Gpa, Aubrey, and Jensen way up high |
![]() |
| Aubrey and Jensen doing some exploring |
![]() |
| One of the pioneer caves |
![]() |
| My first picture of me with all 3 of my kids! |
![]() |
| The cave with the fireplace/chimney |
![]() |
| 3 cute kids |
![]() |
| Hiking with Gpa |
![]() | ||
| Carter joined in on the hiking too. He decided to become all independent on this trip. |
We took the kids through the visitors center to see the Christus and watch a few little films. We then took a walk around the entire temple and finished off in another part of the visitor's center where we learned about how the temple was built. The kids even got to take home a piece of the same stone that was used on the outside of the temple to make it white. I think the kids really enjoyed their time and after our temple tour Aubrey and Jensen would shout, "there's the temple! Isn't it beautiful?" every time we drove past it.
![]() |
| The beautiful temple |
![]() |
| The boys checking out the fountain |
![]() |
| Princess beautiful face |
![]() |
| Checkin' out what Aunt Linda has |
![]() |
| Playing on the temple grounds |
![]() |
| The boys with Gma |
![]() |
| And Aubrey too! |

















2 comments:
Fun! I love the boys in their matching outfits!
I am looking at blogs...miraculous! Happy Quarter of a Century, and...didn't I used to call Autumn Princess Beautiful face? :) It sounds familiar to me!
Post a Comment