Wednesday, 13 February 2008

So Much To Report...

I thought I better get on this before my sister-in-law pesters me too much (just kidding Erin)! It has been a while though and let me first explain why before I get going on this. You see, I usually use a lap top that has become "mine" and in the last few weeks it has decided to stop charging. I have no idea why and even Chris is confused (he thinks I wrecked the cord, but I'm sure I could never do such a thing). My expert brother Jess has assured me that it is the most common problem that occurs in laptops (he works at Future shop and at one time in the computer department so he should know). Why can't I use Chris' desktop you ask? Well, I thought I would brave the elements today and try it. Sadly, there will not be any pictures today because there is no place for the memory card and no room to plug in my camera. I don't want to touch anything because I will probably manage to wreck something. I really hope the lap top gets fixed soon, especially since there are thousands of pictures of Aubrey on there (no exaggeration) that I don't want to lose. Sadly I didn't think to put them on a disk. Oh well, moving on...
Back in January, during the time of my grandmother's funeral, I enjoyed a wonderful family reunion. ALL of my siblings were home! Sadly, neither one of my brothers-in-law could come, which is completely understandable, and we were missing 5 of the 9 grandchildren. Aubrey had a great time with Alivia, Halle, and Marik and I had so much fun with my siblings. The funeral itself was very beautiful despite the very snowy and cold weather. Seeing so much family is what makes funerals bearable.
Aubrey got round two of her vaccines at the end of January and it wasn't near as bad as the first round. She cried when she got the needles (all 4 of them - poor girl) and then she was just happy the rest of the day. Thank goodness!
At the very beginning of February, the stomach flu reared it's ugly head at our house. It started with poor innocent little Aubrey who started throwing up in the middle of the night. I just felt terrible for her. Chris got it the next evening, throwing up all night and I woke up with it the next morning. I'm pretty sure I got the worst of it. Sorry about the gruesome details...
The fifth of this month brought Aubrey to being 8 months! Surprisingly she has started to enjoy tummy time a little more and has discovered that she can move around the room by rolling. It's pretty funny to watch. What's even more surprising is that we have discovered her sleeping on her tummy every once and a while. Maybe there is a hope of her crawling after all! I guess we'll see. She still loves to try to walk. As for some sad news, well, sad to me, I have had to start giving Aubrey formula as I haven't been producing enough milk for her. I could just tell she wasn't getting enough as she wasn't sleeping at night anymore (she would wake up every three hours) and was grumpy all day and would hardly nap. I tried feeding her more solids and giving her more water, but it wasn't enough. She loves the bottle and formula, which was very surprising to me as before she would get so mad if I tried to give her a bottle even with breast milk it it! I still nurse her 3 times a day, but I can tell that that is even diminishing. I was really wanting and hoping to strictly nurse her for a year. It's probably just coming back at me as I once said I would NEVER use formula. C'est la vie! At least she is now sleeping at night and napping during the day and is her happy self again.
In other news, I got another new hair style. I dyed it all one color which is as close to my natural color as we could get and I got a bit of an A-line style. I love it! Thanks again to my lovely sis-in-law Cheryl!
This is getting way too long so I'm sorry to bore you all. Hopefully I can get pictures up soon! Erin, I hope this suffices...

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Ashley,
My laptop stopped charging and it was the cord. We just ordered a new one online. The way we knew for sure though, was Carly had the same type of laptop so we tried her cord before we ordered a new one, and sure enough - it charged. Now the CPU fan is broken, so we are waiting for the new one!! I know what it is like to have a laptop and then not!!

ec said...

yeah!

i feel like the freakin' blog police.

sorry for being so bossy.

it was fun talking....call me soon, preferably when the little ladies are in bed;)

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well with you guys! I was getting worried...lol!

Kelli Olsen

Carly & Jesse said...

thanks for the update! I am excited to see pictures of your hair! sounds real cute!

Anonymous said...

For some reason your blog wouldn't let me see your current posts for the longest time. I was going to tell you though.... I starting loosing my milk with Austin when he was 6 months old... go to the doc and ask for a perscription called Motilium (sp?). It works WONDERS!!! I was always leary to take something while nursing and even Jack Newman (the breastfeeding experct doc guy...) suggests it. It is worth a shot, it got me another 5 months of nursing using it!

The Five Jacksons said...

Hello Ashley,
I just wanted to say thank you for all your comments on our blog. I know I don't know you very well, but I appreciate all the love and support you've shown. I forgot your little girls name was Aubrey. I love that name. It was one of the ones I was considering calling Clare.
My laptop also died shortly after we got it - the cord! Now it works great. I am so glad to have it as it is my lifeline to the rest of the world as i am in the hospital with Clare.
Take care,
Jadi