I have thought a lot about myself in the last little while. Not really in a selfish way, but in a critical way. Constructive critical. I have thought about how I used to be, before I got married and when I was first married and compared it to now. Sadly, I noticed something I didn't like. I have let myself go and not in the good, taking time for Aubrey, sort of way (those of you who read Erin's blog will understand what I mean). I've become very lazy. Now, I'm pouring out my heart here so don't be too critical of me. When Chris and I were first married, I cleaned our house daily, dolled myself up daily, exercised daily, made breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, grocery shopped weekly, did laundry weekly (and it only took a few hours), made sure we ate healthy... you get my point. I did my best to be a good little wife. Now here I am, two years later, and I don't even know what I do with myself in a day. I make sure that when Aubrey is awake, I am her mom, and we play, but nothing else gets done. I spend a lot of Aubrey's down time reading, doing all kinds of puzzles (from jigsaw to sudoku), Chris and I order in food more often than not, there is never any food in the fridge, it takes me days to do laundry, and our house is disgusting. I also have the easiest calling in the world and I am failing miserably at it. Sadly, this is not an exaggeration. I wish it was. So. I have decided that I am turning over a new leaf. I am in no way a "domestic goddess", never have been, but I have decided that I am going to become one. Cooking, cleaning, sewing, scrapbooking, making myself look good for Chris... the whole nine yards. I want to be like the incredible women that are in my life. I am going to be accountable to all of you and will be reporting in often. This means that I will also be better at posting on my blog. Tomorrow is a new day which will bring a new Ashley!
Friday, 29 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
okay first of all your so cute!! you are better than me. we have been married 6 months.. i never clean the apartment, treavor does, i never ever do the dishes, treav does! and he usually does the laundry.. as well as i havent made dinner for probably 2 to 3 months! so atleast you started out right! you should try this thing that keshia does.. its just one chore a day.. so you vacumm one day and dust the next.. or something like that! you should ask her! so dont feel bad cuz im a worse wife than you!!
dont put too much pressure on yourself ashley..life is too precious, to worry about if the dusting got done. its great to have goals and to change things you dont like about yourself, but enjoy the moment as well...if i have learned anything lately..that is it.
love ya kid!
ash...you're a good little mommy.
i feel like this on a regular occasion...i think we all do. and it's good, it helps us to improve. when we know who we are and what we can become, it's sometimes scary how much we need to do to get there. but we will...slowly may it be.
you're doing great! so keep it up.
love you ash. see you in a few weeks!
i know exactly what you mean, and I have been opting for the TV to look after angie lately, I am in a rut as well. (this is my little secret...sometimes I think i dont want to do it because I never get any praise for it, like its expected of me, and I feel like, K Jared gets praise for his A's in school, and I just re-did our storage room and etc... and what do I get...... nothing) I totally know how you feel
Yes, we all go through this some point. Mine lately was food. I just decided that we got in a food rut and I was tired of meals that just weren't that good. Not that we ate the same things often, just that the food wasn't really good, and I want to eat REALLY good food, not just your everyday casseroles and other stuff. Good for you for setting some goals, just don't try and do all that stuff at once because it is quite a long list. Congrats on your new one coming. How has your preg so far? you were really sick with aubrey right. This one 2?
You're totally awesome!! I think this post is true to many, many sahm. We all have our ups and downs at housework... I need to get back on the upswing myself!! Take care Ashley!!
Post a Comment