I figured it was about time that I did this as the news is spreading like wildfire and some of my family members don't even know yet, so here goes. (I'm sure you all can see where this is heading). Well, baby number two is on the way! I am 14 weeks and due September 3rd. Please just be happy for me and don't give me the laughing or the speeches on spreading kids out and what I should have done or not done. I have been having a hard enough time telling people as it is. I guess that is why I am doing it the cowardly way. It was a bit of a surprise and I am working really hard on being excited about it without feeling too overwhelmed. I know that there is nothing better than a new baby. I am excited for that bit. I am not, however, excited to have 2 babies under 18 months (Aubrey will be 15 mo.). It's going to be hard at first, I know it is, but I know it's going to be worthwhile in the end. It's amazing the people who have come out of the woodworks and told me how their kids are only 11 months, or 12 or 13 months apart and they are so glad that they had them so close together. One thing that I am definitely learning is that Heavenly Father has a very different plan than I have for myself. From now on, I am keeping an open mind about my future and the words, "I will never" should not escape my lips as every time they do, the very thing that I was never going to do happens. Those of you who know me well know that this is a very true statement. *Sigh*, life is grand.
Sunday, 2 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
ASH!! that is so exciting! if anyone can have kids that close I believe it is you girl! conrats! and in response to your facebook message... i am already back in utah... however you guys should totally come for conference! that would be so fun! I am very excited for you guys!
It will be well-worth it when they grow up being the best of friends.
Congratulations Ashley. Two of my kids are about 30 seconds apart, and I really think it is best to have them close together!!! Seriously, they will be so close, such good friends, and you will do awesome!! Great news.
Ashley, YAY!!! My oldest two girls are 16 months apart. They are great friends and will be (hopefully) forever. I love having them so close. It is a party, especially when they were little. Hope you are feeling great. If you need anything I am close by. Again, yay!!!
Ash!! I'm so excited for you. My boys are 17 months apart and it is worth it. They are the best of friends and just love being together. Just remember, even if you think it is an "accident", Heavenly Father doesn't. There is a new little one who is ment to come to you and Chris at exactly this time. There is a reason for it, even if you don't see it now, there will be a time when you realize exactly why they are spaced like this. Congrats again... and if you ever need anything just let me know!
oh thats so fun!!! haha talk to keshia shes dealing with two i think livi is alittle older but still theres some support!! wish i could help you out but treav says no babies yet!! but im so excited for you!!
yay congrats! so were you when you thougth in sask? crazy sooo happy for you!
finally!
i've been waiting for this post.
you already know how happy i am for you guys...but congrats again!
wow. i guess congratulations are in order! please. don't even worry what other people think-- just tell them you planned it!!! i hope it all goes well, have you been sick this time around? i sure hope not!
I'm so happy for you guys! It's going to be so fun with kids close together they will be best friends. I think you are just trying to catch up to us!! haha Don't worry about anything, things are meant to happen the way they are supposed to and you will be an amazing mom to two!!
Whoa!! Holy Crap! Totally didn't see that coming! I haven't even checked your blog for a while because I know that, like me, you don't update often! Congrats, guys!
see how supportive everyone is! i already told u congrats yesterday..but ill say it again..
congrats!
your a great mom, u will do just fine..(at least you dont have three under three..sorry kelli!! lol)
yet anyway...lol! (to devon's comment). I know exactly how you feel. I'm still trying to figure out why this little one needed to come now with the certain circumstances going on in our family...though of course we adore her and are happy she's here...it can be difficult. we have to trust that heavenly father know's what he's doing. you'll do great! and remember you have tons of family and friends who love ya and will help out anyway that they can! thats how I make it through! we love you guys!
love, kelli olsen
Congratulations. I'm learning great blessings come from experiences/challenges we didn't anticipate! I wonder if it will be a boy or girl. Exciting!!
Love, Jadi
Congrats.. That is so exciting.. How are you feeling? I think that it will be fun to have them so close..
congrats! I know it's scary but I promise it's fun! Liv & Nix are 17 months apart and it's so sweet to see Liv taking care of her brother! And if I can say this to you with Nick gone on business and me alone with the two you know I mean it! Some days I do just gotta take a deep breath and just get er done but 9 times out of 10 it's a riot!
Post a Comment