Monday, 3 November 2008

HALLOWEEN

This years Halloween was definitely the most fun I have had as a mom. Maybe even the funnest ever! Aubrey, Jensen, and I ventured out to Raymond in the morning to go to a party at Connie Shurtz's house. Quite a few of the Shurtz relatives were there including Kelli, Nate, Ty, and McKenna Olsen, Karli and Ava Clifton, Britteni and Bella Malacko, and of course Connie, Madison, Emma, and Sam Shurtz (I sure hope I'm spelling all these names right! Sorry if I'm not). When we first arrived, Aubrey was very stand-offish and acting quite shy which she has been doing lately and is actually very out of character for her. She did warm up after a little while thankfully. The kids were all dressed up in costumes (except Aubrey and Jensen) and they played and Connie had some fun activities planned for them. She also made the most delicious lunch of lettuce wraps for the moms. Mmm... so good. I'm still dreaming of them. The kids had "worms" (hot dogs sliced lengthwise) and fries and veggies. It was Aubrey's first experience eating hot dogs and she sure did not like them! For me, it was so nice to get out of the house and have some adult company. Little gatherings like that need to happen more often.

The Party


Nate the Iron Man


Bella the Skunk and Mackenna the Angel; aren't they so cute?


Madison and Emma the Princesses: it's too bad you can't really see Madi...

Cute little Ava. I have no idea what she is but she's cute.

My own darling Aubrey.

After the party, Aubrey, Jensen, and I headed over to Chris' parent's house to hang out until Chris came out with Delon later that evening so that we could take Aubrey Trick-or-Treating in Raymond. We ended up going back into Lethbridge with Sue and Teagan to run a few errands and we were able to get Aubrey a really cute costume at Superstore. That place is seriously the best. We got the costume for $6.44! I have decided that getting costumes the day of Halloween is the best because they are dang cheap!
After we were back in Raymond and had some supper Chris and I took Aubrey out while Sue watched Jensen. The poor boy misses out on all the fun. No costume, no pictures... I feel like I neglect the poor kid. Anyways... we only took Aubrey to about 5 houses (including her grandma and grandpa Shurtz's) and they were all close friends and relatives. She enjoyed putting the candy into her bag and then taking it out again, then putting it back in again, over and over. I don't think she's even ate any of her candy. Oops! She doesn't know the difference anyhow...

Our Cute little Horse


Doesn't she look adorable?

She was very unsure about the hood at first...

It was such a warm and gorgeous night so the coat, toque, and mitts were very unnecessary. I don't think I can recall a Halloween that was so nice. How perfect for Aubrey's first Trick-or-treating experience. It's funny that I really didn't want to take her out in the first place but Chris really wanted to and now I'm glad we did. I can't wait until next year!

7 comments:

Schows said...

She's a doll! Looks like it was a fun Halloween! Lola was totally into it too! I've hid her candy hoping she'd just forget Halloween even happened, and so far so good! lol

Francis Family said...

aw so cute, looks like you had fun. I love halloween especially with kids!

Woods said...

She's the cutest little horse I've ever seen! Glad to hear it was such nice weather...that makes everything more fun!

Skye said...

Halloween with little kids is WAY too fun! Glad you had a great time! Wasn't the weather perfect??? Beats the times when i went trick or treating and it was -30 and snowing!

Ashley Smith said...

i looked at the pictures of her and seriously sad awwwwww. She is so dang cute.

Darren said...

I like the one of aubrey and delon. She looks like she is throwing her hands up as if you had asked her a question she didn't know the answer to.

It gets funner as they get a little older. I took the girls out this year and it was a blast.

The Samples Sampler said...

So cute!