I'm sad just reminiscing about St. George times. I wish I was still there! The weather was beautiful, the company was fantastic, and the kids and I weren't bored out of our minds!
Have I ever mentioned that the Cahoon family is simply the best? Not just my siblings and parents, but ALL the DeRaunze (my grandpa Cahoon) descendants are fantastic! They are just the type of people who sincerely care about you and what you're up to and are so much fun. And there is honestly no drama at these reunions. I love it. It was just so fun to get together with people that truly I love and haven't seen in a few years. It was too bad that my Uncle Dale's family couldn't be there or my Aunt Louise's family because that would have made it just that much better. It was fun to meet all the new additions to the family too. A few of my cousins (rather, first cousins once removed - my cousin's children - I am the youngest grandchild, so I have cousins who have kids that are close to my age, older and younger!) have gotten married and there were a few new babies... so fun.
Now, Cahoon family reunions aren't just a one afternoon/evening, sit around and chat and have a few random activities for the kids, sort of deal. If you know the Cahoons at all, you'll know that the family motto is "Anything worth doing is worth over doing" and this family reunion lived up to that motto. It started on a Sunday night (Dec. 28 - Chris' birthday - to be exact) and ended on Wednesday afternoon. We had an "icebreaker" where we went around finding info out about each other and just caught up in general, we played dodge ball, had a putting tournament, played rook and other random card/board games, had a scavenger hunt, went swimming, played basketball and volleyball, had a talent show, did karaoke, went golfing, ate good food... yeah, it was a full few days and it was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again!
Just a funny story I need to share... at the talent show, my cousin Ben's girls sang a really cute song that's from "The Polar Express". They sang it A Capella and were doing a great job. All of a sudden, Aubrey runs up on stage from out of nowhere (I thought Chris was holding her), turns on the CD player (and the volume was up pretty high so it drowned out the girl's easily and made them stop singing), turns to the audience, gives the cheesiest grin she can muster, and starts to laugh! I felt absolutely horrible, but everyone else was laughing, including the performers, so I guess it was okay. I have to admit, it was pretty dang funny. Thankfully my brother Jess caught it on video so I'll have to post it in the near future... That girl is a ham.
For an even better summary, go here. Amber, I feel the same way!
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
The Cahoon Family Reunion
Posted by Ashley at 20:10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Families are the best. How fun that you all got to spend time together and even Wendy was there! I miss you family. you guys are wonderful.
Sounds like you had a great time! I love your story about Aubrey! So funny! I've noticed that we always feel so embarrassed by some of the things our little munchkins do sometimes, but generally everybody else thinks it's so funny. I put Claire down on the floor in sacrament meeting this Sunday, looked up for a minute and she was gone. She'd crawled up four benches forward and a family that was visiting had her! Yup, apparently I'm good at keeping track of my child...lol.
Sounds so fun! I feel the same way about the Kyles Cahoon family. They're so fun and there's always a fun activity to do. That is hilarious about Aubrey stealin the show! I bet she has changed so much since we saw her last! I'm sad we weren't able to see you at Christmas too! I would love to finally get to meet Jensen!!
Post a Comment