Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Hold It?



Lately Aubrey has been asking me if she can hold Jensen. She'll often come up to me while I'm holding Jensen and ask, "mommy, hold it?" I'm trying to teach her to say "hold him" or "hold Jensen" but hey, she's starting to put words together. That's pretty good! So I let her hold him. I help of course as he weighs almost as much as she does! In some ways I'm glad that she's starting to acknowledge his existence. She plays peek-a-boo with him and shares her toys with him and reads to him and sometimes just talks to him. It's fun to watch and you can see in Jensen's eyes just how much he adores his big sister. There are times when I wish she still would just completely ignore him. Like those times when I have to go to the bathroom and leave them alone for a few minutes together. A few days ago I caught her trying to share a cracker with him. AHHH! Good thing I came back when I did. I guess I could just always take him with me. It's just easier not to.






10 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

so cute! They look so big! its been too long.

Schows said...

She is such a good big sister! I hope Lola will be as friendly with a new comer. Your kids are so dang cute!

kyleandtaryn said...

These are the cutest pics ever! You have adorable kids, and they'll be best friends.

Amber said...

How cute!

ec said...

holy crap! are they siblings or what?!

so cute...

The Lowry's said...

They sure do look alike! What cute pictures of the 2 of them together.

Jessica.B said...

ashley, jensen is so adorable! i want to hug him! and i think aubrey looks so much like you! she is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know any better I'd think that big boy was Darcy scary!!!

Brandon and Kristy said...

hey! aww ur kids r so cute! i cant believe u guys have 2 kids! lol where have i been. hope everything is great! i love the pics.

R&A said...

Adorable!!!