I haven't been feeling the whole blogging thing at all lately. It's too bad because this is my journal so when the blog is lacking, my records are lacking. I've just gotten so behind I just feel overwhelmed. Well, the kids are napping and I feel like I've gotten some good things accomplished today so I guess it is time to start getting caught up.
So I suppose I shall start off with the summer stuff...
This past summer wasn't exactly what I had anticipated it would be. It was a good summer and, thankfully, a successful summer but I didn't do as much as I had originally planned. I imagined myself going to Three Hills quite a bit and taking the kids to the Guzoo, visiting old friends, going to West Ed, and basically doing a lot of playing, mostly with people that I grew up with in my Red Deer days. What my summer turned into was a summer of driving back and forth between Red Deer and Raymond.
We ended up "moving" 4 times this summer and we owe my wonderful parents a lot of thanks for all of their help. We couldn't have done any of our moves without them. The first move was from Lethbridge to Red Deer. Moving to our summer sales destination is never too horrible. The company finds apartments and rents furniture for our use and it is all set up when we arrive. We just need to bring our dishes, clothes, and bedding. My parents were there to load us up, they even let us borrow their truck, AND my mom even drove up with us to help us unload and set up. The apartment building we moved into was definitely not up to the usual standard we have come to expect from APX. It was sketchy and in a sketchy area. The apartment itself was horrible! It was so musty, I couldn't breathe and I was having some serious asthma problems. The carpet was SO dirty that after only a few minutes of running around on the floor, Aubrey's feet were black. How could I let my kids play on that floor? We were only in it for about a week before we moved out of it (move 2) to a slightly better apartment across the hall. Move 3 was to move completely out of our condo in Lethbridge to my parent's house in Raymond. It was a lot more involved and my parent's did pretty much all of it as Chris was working his little tush off back in Red Deer.

But some people are still smiling (from move 3)!


Mmmm. Delish.

All the loot! She had a good birthday.

Aubrey sharing a sandwich with "Applepollen." She got really close to him and Aunt Mary, Eric, Kayzia, and Ezra. She still speaks of them frequently.

Me and my cute boy in front of Gull Lake

The cutest little chunk on the planet! He really enjoyed eating the sand.

Aubrey loved to just swim and swim in the water. Her hands are touching the bottom and we were quite a ways out!

Checking out the water.

Aubrey waiting for the parade with cousins Bella, Nate, and Ginger.

Jensen watching the events intently.

Aubrey thoroughly enjoying one of her many treats from the parade.

Aubrey watching the parade with Grandpa Shurtz. She really loves him.

I'm not quite sure what is going on here, but this is Aubrey's uncle Darcy. She really loves him too. But truth be told, she loves his wife the most. Out of anyone. Literally.

The kids and I in our matching patriotic shirts. Aren't we cute?

Chris with the kids. They really were glad to have him there. Almost as glad as I was!
And just some random pictures that I wanted to share...

While we were packing up for our third move, Aubrey decided she wanted to sit on this little cooler. To her surprise, the top wasn't done up so she fell right in! It was too funny that I had to take a picture before I saved her. She thought it was pretty funny at first, but after the tenth picture, she was getting a little frustrated...

She also discovered the awesomeness of wearing her hat backwards and wouldn't wear it any other way after that!





7 comments:
FINALLY!!! Haha, I know what you mean about the whole blogging thing though. But I still love to read them! You may think you're behind, but you're WAY more up to date than me. Well I love ya and I'll be calling you today...yup right now. :)
Yay Ashley! I won't ever say anything about you not posting, because if blogging was popular back when Porter and Autumn were little, I am sure I wouldn't have done it much! Those were busy times. :)
I wish I lived closer so I could help you out...I think of you with those two little kids close together...that is hard work!
Ashley! You look so good! I loved the blog post.
Good. I loved every second of reading this post. It was a nice little catch-up. I love the family picture, it's really cute.
Great post! cute pictures! Probably feels nice being back to normal after all that. Love that family picture of you guys. I saw the ones Arlee took on facebook, so cute. You guys look great!!
Loved the update. Your family pic is cute. Jensen is such a cute smilely boy. Seriously some cute pics of him. Good thing we have our boys to take pictures of while our girls don't like to smile or even look at the camera. Jaycie does the same thing as Aubrey. We will defintiely have to get together again. Thanks for all your comments. You always make my day because lets face it, who doesn't like comments?
Makes me miss summer.
Post a Comment