Monday, 3 May 2010

Mustard, Baby!



This is my first pregnancy that I have had real cravings. With Aubrey and Jensen, it was kind of a power of suggestion thing. I saw something that looked good and I wanted it. But to be honest, I'm like that even when I'm not pregnant. This time around, all I have on my mind is mustard. Every once and a while I crave tuna, and pickles and yes, I have eaten all three of them together. It's surprisingly not too bad. Mustard and eggs is actually pretty good too. Today I had a roast beef, pickle, and mustard sandwich. We don't have any plain mustard at the apartment at the moment, just honey mustard, so it was a little disappointing for me. It's just not the same as the real deal. I'm trying to avoid eating deli meats, hot dogs, and eating more than 6oz of Tuna a week (Dr. Oz's orders) so I'm running out of ideas of what to put mustard on. I've even been tempted to squeeze it directly in my mouth.

On another note, I am 15 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I felt the baby move for the first time! My favorite part of being pregnant. 3 weeks and 3 days until the ultrasound. My second favorite part of being pregnant.

*Image taken from http://www.wpr.org/news/images/OuttaMustard.JPG

8 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

Yeah for feeling the baby move! thats one of my favorite parts too! Are you guys going to find out the sex?

Mason Clan said...

That is so funny you are craving mustard. When I was a little girl I know this sounds nasty but I would just spread mustard on a piece of bread and roll it up and eat it. ha and when I was pregnant with Bridger I craved that so bad ha. So you might wanna try it. haha!! I cant wait tell you find out what your having! Your kids are so cute! I am way excited for you guys!

Ashley Smith said...

lol I have always had cravings. Lizzy was spicy chicken from Wendy's sam was sour soothers. I would eat one of those round walmart tubs in 2 days. (sick).

But I have cravings even when I am not pregnant (right now it is ginger beef)

I'm excited for this baby. now all my kidlets will have shurts family friends. I vote baby is a girl so our families are still the same.

Ryan and Amanda said...

I've never had cravings either. Well, except for dirt. Weird, I know. Anyway, why did you have to move away for the summer again?

Alison said...

You don't have to be pregnant to enjoy tuna and pickle sandwiches. hee hee......never tried it with mustard though. Congrats on your new growing baby, Ash.

Amber said...

Mustard it disguisting! Did you always like it? :) It is crazy you are that far along already! This pregnancy will be so short for me! :)

kelsey said...

Ewww. . I just threw up a little in my mouth-- I can't stand mustard, and the thought of you squeezing it right into your mouth? ugh.

Lol.

The Lowry's said...

I never had any cravings with pregnancy. Mustard is an interesting one. At least its not loaded with calories right? Look for recipes using mustard on the internet. Sorry no suggestions here. Are you guys finding out what you are having? If so i can't wait to hear!