Jensen - variant of the Hebrew name John: "Jehova has been gracious; has shown favor."
I feel like I haven't written much about this little boy in a long time and I definitely should! It's amazing how much he has changed in the past months. I can't believe he is already 20 months! Closer to 21 months, really... He went from being my needy, chubby, hefty baby that could hardly move to my tall, independent little man that is everywhere and into everything! He is an imp but he definitely puts a smile on my face. He can be a complete terror and then be the sweetest thing on the planet.One of the things that I love most about this little boy is how concerned for me and protective of me he is. One day we were all playing in the living room and Chris started tickling me and I was laughing and screaming and telling Chris to stop. I started out sitting on a chair and ended up on the floor from my thrashing. Jensen got so upset. He was just saying, "mommy" over and over and went up to Chris in complete anger and almost hit him! Once he knew I was okay, he was okay too. On another occasion my mom was pretending to beat me up and Jensen just about started to cry. I love that I have someone who is on my team.
Jensen has started to talk quite a bit too. He will try to repeat everything anyone says to him and is even starting to put a few small sentences together. Today at church, during the closing prayer, Jensen was on my lap, arms folded, head bowed, and he was repeating the last word of every sentence that the man was saying in his prayer. It was so funny! At least I know he was listening.
He's so smiley and his laugh is contagious. He loves to play outside and just run. When you ask him who his best friend is, he will usually say, "Josh" but lately he has started to say, "you" as in me! He loves music and can dance on beat. He is starting to sing a bit too. He mostly just mumbles and then throws in a few words here and there that he is familiar with. He gives the best hugs and always pats my back and sometimes will even rub it as he "sings" a song like I do to him every night when I put him to bed.
I love this little boy and I am so thankful for him. He's growing up way too fast! I suppose that's why we're having another baby!


8 comments:
That's cute that he is so protective of you. Soon he will be joining in on the tickling :)
Well, I am glad that he says "you" when asked who his best friend is. But I'm sad Josh is getting replaced! He certainly is a gem. We sure miss having him around.
So did you guys not end up coming out this weekend? I never heard from you!
I love that picture of him! I just love it when he smiles so big you can see all of his teeth! Man, you make cute babies. Can't wait to see the next one!!
that is a cute face ... we love you jensen!
what a handsome little guy!
What a sweet little man. I love that he protects you!
He is too cute. Marik is my little protector as well! They do grow up too fast especially when we don't see them enough!
He is so handsome. Boys are dreamy. There is something so special about a mother son relationship. I didn't anticipate it but its amazing.
Post a Comment