Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Rhyme Time!


(Aubrey in her Christmas dress from Gramma C)

Aubrey's latest thing is rhyming and she's actually quite good at it. At any given moment during the day she will ask, "mom, what rhymes with ______?" and I just respond by saying' "you tell me." Then she will list off as many words as she can think of that rhyme. It's her favorite game to play when we are in the car. Aubrey also loves to sing and loves to make up little songs but now she is throwing in actual rhyming words. Usually she makes up her own little tune too. A couple of weeks ago Chris took Aubrey to Superstore to pick up a few things and I guess she had been singing the "Wonder Pets" theme song (I had no idea that she had even seen the show). She stopped singing for a moment to ask Chris if she could get a cookie (they give out free ones to little kids) and Chris told her that she could. Suddenly Aubrey broke out into song:

"Superstore!
Superstore!
We're on our way!
Gonna get a cookie
Gonna make my day!"
*sung to the tune of "Wonder Pets"

She came up with that all on her own. This girl is going places!

8 comments:

ehjenn said...

She is a smart little chickie!! I love the song!

Kelli Olsen said...

That is so cute! McKenna loves to make up songs too, but they are nothing like that one. They usually don't make any sense. Thats pretty incredible!

Cheryl said...

Hahaha! I LOVE that picture! She is so full of personality that one.

Ashley Smith said...

That is so cute. love it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?

Thanks,
Kathleen

Francis Family said...

so cute. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. And Carter in the previous post, what a cutie!

The Lowry's said...

What a cute little song and so clever too. Are you guys in lethbridge? What are your plans for summer?

kyleandtaryn said...

Haha! Love her! I had so much fun last Friday I'm glad we stopped in. Claire won't stop talking about the "play place." Looks like we'll have to go again sometime.