Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Easter

On Easter Sunday my parents spoke in their branch and they both did an amazin job! Their branch is 100% retirees who don't have any children living at home so there is no primary or nursery. It's also dead silent during sacrament meeting so it's really noticeable and embarrassing when my kids were rambunctious. Needless to say I spent a lot of time in the hallway. I was really lucky that a friend of my mom's sat with me and helped me out a tonne!
The rest of the day we were able to just relax and enjoy the Sabbath. I like to spend Easter that way instead of doing any of the more commercial things on that day. It just feels more relaxed. Growing up we typically did our hunt on the Saturday. This year the Easter Bunny came on Monday morning. She hid the kid's treats in the garage and they were so excited to get hunting! Every time they found something they would just stop and my mom and I had to encourage them to keep looking. We ended up having to show them where a lot of the treats were!


A & J just before they started their hunt


A & J with their treats


The Eater Bunny thought of Carter too!

That evening grandpa and the kids and I got to enjoy a little quad ride while grandma and Carter hung out at home. We all had a lot of fun riding through the desert!


A & J getting ready to go


The boys


We're ready to go!


Gma and Carter seeing us off


Me and Aubrey cruising through the desert


Jensen LOVES the quad

That night I got to got out for dinner and a movie with my mom and my Aunt Joan. We ate at Wingers, enjoyed some shopping at Target, then saw the movie "Water for Elephants". It is such a fabulous movie. I absolutely loved it!
We're continuing to really enjoy the sunshine, the heat, and the fun!

3 comments:

ec said...

um, jensen looks just like chris in that first picture.

also, thanks for updating again so soon. i'm trying to do anything BUT pack.

Kelli Olsen said...

Looks like your having a nice visit with your parents! I wish I was in the desert. Sick of this yucky, windy southern Alberta weather.

Mason Clan said...

I am so jealous! Im glad you are having a fun time! You are so pretty! Wish i was there for the shopping and movie!