Sunday, 24 April 2011

Spur of the Moment Vacation

On the morning of Good Friday I packed up the kids and we left to visit my parents in St. George, UT. Chris left the very next morning for Prince Rupert, BC to start work. The Coutts border crossing was crazy! We sat in line for over an hour (with all the lanes open) but after that it was smooth sailing all the way to Idaho Falls where we met up with my dad. He had taken a bus from St. George to Idaho Falls so that he could drive the rest of the way with us. The kids did really well considering they were in a car for basically 18 hours straight. We got to St. George at 3 AM Saturday.
The next day was already a busy one! We enjoyed 25 degree weather (Celsius - I don't get Fahrenheit) which was a huge change for us! Aubrey and Jensen got to enjoy a motor bike ride and a quad ride. This is huge for Aubrey as she was terrified of both last summer. She now says she loves them! We also went to feed the ducks, play at the playground, and wash the car!

Enjoying grandpa's new quad!


Carter in a swing for the first time. He loved it!


Aubrey enjoying the swings.


Jensen is way too big for a baby swing...


He likes to swing on the pole before he slid down. He is definitely a true boy.

6 comments:

Gutierrez Family said...

don't you just love st george!!! we want to end up there :) its beautiful and the weather is amazing!!!! anyways we want to come down sometime this week... we leave on thursday for georgia but brooklyn has been sick.. so we will see. my mom is coming down to help watch her while ammon and i clean up our house and start packing but we'll try our hardest to come down if brooklyn is feeling better!

kelsey said...

we were totally there on friday. . . what are the odds? the weather was amazing. it's so gorgeous there.

kyleandtaryn said...

So fun! I have never been, but I told Kyle that we HAVE to go there someday. Have fun! Miss ya!

The Lowry's said...

What fun! I bet the weather was just gorgeous. Enjoy!

ec said...

i'm not jealous at all.

we'll totally be taking you up on your offer to help. soon. we'll call you up when we're in town.

love ya!

Amber said...

Wow, super blogger! I need to get on board and catch up before I get too far behind! That is great that you got to go hang out there!