Thursday, 14 April 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 24.
I got one of these:


(image from venture.com)

which I LOVE!! and Chris and I got to go on our very first date in almost a year! Sad but true. A shout out to my fabulous sister-in-law Jessica for watching our sleeping babes while we went out. THANK YOU!! We ate at Osho's and got some yummy sushi and then went to the movie Hanna which was ok. I think Chris really liked it. I just really was disappointed with the end. As we walked out of Osho's we were greeted by big fluffy white snow and woke up this morning to A LOT of snow on the ground. It was probably a good 4 inches!

In other news Chris is still here! He was supposed to leave for BC April 9th-ish but is now not leaving until the 22nd. His office was the only office that was going to start selling early so they were told they couldn't. They will still be doing a traveling office in northern BC for the first 2 months so now I don't go out to Victoria until July and it will only be for about 6 or 7 weeks. It is now a big discussion as to whether or not it is worth it for me to pack up all our stuff and go. It is a very tough decision. I want our family to all be together and I would love to be in Victoria but I would be packing up all our stuff (minus furniture of course), leaving our place empty, driving out with 3 kids by myself (my parents have a lot going on in July so they can't come), uprooting 3 kids (and Jensen doesn't adjust well to change), going to a strange place where I don't know anyone and don't have a support system like I do here, and the kids and I don't see Chris much during the summer anyway. So it's a very tough decision and one I need to make soon. I will go out and visit at least once of course... but what would you do? Help!

9 comments:

kyleandtaryn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hooray for your present! I'm a little jealous. So glad you got to go on a date and have a fun time. Every couple needs a date night once in a while.
As for B.C., if it were me, I would probably stay put at home and just plan a couple of visits. I think the pro's of staying outweigh the cons. It's hard to be apart, but it flies by and would be easier on the kids. But that's just my two cents. I wish you luck in making that decision! Love ya missy! We need to hang out more, asap. That's for sure.

Gerry said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND. LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

happy bday!!! as another mom with three. I think staying put is the way to go. with maybe a visit twice or something. since you have to travel by yourself and everything. it will be so hard. and then just to stay somewhere that isnt prepared for kids even harder!!! here you have fav, friends etc... that can help pass the time! its a hard choice i know! :( i feel for ya

Skye said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you guys were able to get out and have a fun date! Oh, and i've been wanting to tell you forever that you sang FANTASTIC the other Sunday!!!! Great job!!!! About Victoria?? I can't offer any advice, as i would have the hardest time myself making a decision! I'm sure you'll make the right one for you and your litle fam!!

carly said...

Happy Birthday!! I have been debating buying a Kindle for a long time, it's nice to hear you love it.

Cortney said...

happy birthday!!!!!! i'm glad you got to go out and celebrate! yeah i have no idea what i would do in your situation!!! i'm sure you will make the right decision though! but can i tell you how sad i am that you don't have a facebook :( its hard to stay in touch just through blogging! but anyways! i hope you guys have an amazing summer! we're kinda nervous to try sales because its our first time. hopefully we do well!

Kelli Olsen said...

Happy Birthday Ash! If you decide to stay let me know how I can help you out. We'll have to plan lots of fun outings with the kids to keep you occupied and the time will just zoom by!

kelsey said...

happy birthday! I laughed out loud that you got the kindle. ha. so fabulous. I'm glad you love it, I would have felt kind of bad. . .

I would definitely go to Victoria. But. . . that's just me. And I'm not the one making the decision. . . so good luck! I just couldn't be apart that long! Moving is the worst.

The Lowry's said...

Happy birthday. Glad that you two were able to get out on a date. Hmmm, that is a hard decision. I think I would stay here and go out and visit. Like you said, you don't see much of him anyway and the kids would probably do better just staying here. That being said, it would be really hard to be away from each other and i'm sure the kids would miss him tons too. Such a hard one. You'll make the right decision in the end.