Thursday, 16 August 2012

Dominion Park


 Don't be fooled by the name. It's actually a beach. A beach on the Saint John River. It has a roped off area for swimming and a lifeguard. We went yesterday with one of our new friends from church and her kids. We had a blast! Unfortunately I forgot to actually apply the sunscreen that I brought on us so we are all a little burned... I feel like a horrible parent. I got the worst of it so I guess that makes it a little bit better.


The sand is very pebbley, not smooth, so it wasn't as great as the sand at New River Beach but there aren't any waves so the kids weren't afraid to play in the water which was nice. Carter just sat in the shallow part of the water most of the time! Aubrey and Jensen got really brave with attempting to swim and going right under the water. And I got to visit with a female adult! That's a bit of a luxury these days.


I have to say that I LOVE being where the church is small. I really do love our ward in Raymond, but in Southern Alberta, we just seem to be lost in the crowd. Here, even though we are just visiting for a few weeks, we have been made to feel welcome and a part of the ward family. We always get asked if we can move here. That being said, I am still excited to get home! 10 more sleeps until we leave! And then we have a VERY LONG drive ahead of us. 4 893.7 km to be exact. Please pray for our sanity.

3 comments:

ec said...

fun!

good luck on that drive ... insane!!

kelsey said...

I hear you about the small ward. It is nice to feel so loved and appreciated! ha. I'll be sad to leave our little country ward this winter too. Good luck on that crazy drive. Yikes!

Kelli Olsen said...

That's one of the things I love about our ward too. It feels more like a family when its small.