There isn't much to report these days. We haven't done anything too exciting. Our dear (and only) friend, Natasha, left Wednesday and I was feeling a little jealous and sad. I wasn't quite sure how the rest of the summer would be without her! The kids were really sad that she was leaving as well but Jensen was hopeful that it meant that we were leaving too! What a sad day for him when he found out that it wasn't happening. He seems to be the most home sick but he is handling it rather well. He just asks on a daily basis if we are "leaving today." The end of the summer always does seem to drag on. Especially this summer. Only 3 weeks minus a day until the last day of sales! We are still not 100% sure when or how the kids and I are getting home but I am praying that we will get to fly. I should know right away if Vivint got the kids and I our flights.
In other news, the kids and I made some friends! And it was perfect timing with Natasha leaving and all. I actually met them at church and they invited us to meet them at Rockwood Park, a place we hadn't even heard of before, which has an awesome playground. What's even better is there are horses right beside the playground! We have been to a few playgrounds around the city and this is by far our favorite. We had a blast playing with our new friends on Tuesday. One of the girls there was Aubrey's age and they got along swimmingly. There were also a few older girls that played with the younger ones which was such a blessing. We loved that playground so much that we have played there every day since and will probably make it a regular thing. Our new friends have also invited us to go to the beach with them on Monday! Hooray for something to look forward to!
On our few trips to Rockwood playground we spend quite a bit of time feeding the horses. Carter even got close to the horse and fed him some grass. This is a big deal because before this, any time we would get Carter near a horse, he would hold on to us with a death grip and start crying even though he loved them from afar or in pictures or toy ones. I guess when something is that much bigger than you it can be pretty scary.
There is also a couple of "trails" on the playground with rocks to climb on. The kids love that more than the playground itself I think. I really need to get these guys hiking more!
Speaking of friends, at church on Sunday I saw some long time family friends whom I have not seen in a good 10 years! It is actually my brother-in-law, Jon's, brother, Adam, and his wife Savannah and their 4 kids. I had never met their kids before and it was so great to see familiar faces! They live in Moncton which is 2 hours away and they were visiting the ward we are in because Adam was giving a fireside that night. I actually got to go and it was really great. It was on strengthening relationships which I think is always useful and it was really great to get to socialize after.
So that's life in a nutshell for us. We are counting down the days until our visitors *hopefully* come and then counting down the days until we get to go home and trying to keep ourselves entertained until then. 20 more sleeps!
In other news, the kids and I made some friends! And it was perfect timing with Natasha leaving and all. I actually met them at church and they invited us to meet them at Rockwood Park, a place we hadn't even heard of before, which has an awesome playground. What's even better is there are horses right beside the playground! We have been to a few playgrounds around the city and this is by far our favorite. We had a blast playing with our new friends on Tuesday. One of the girls there was Aubrey's age and they got along swimmingly. There were also a few older girls that played with the younger ones which was such a blessing. We loved that playground so much that we have played there every day since and will probably make it a regular thing. Our new friends have also invited us to go to the beach with them on Monday! Hooray for something to look forward to!
On our few trips to Rockwood playground we spend quite a bit of time feeding the horses. Carter even got close to the horse and fed him some grass. This is a big deal because before this, any time we would get Carter near a horse, he would hold on to us with a death grip and start crying even though he loved them from afar or in pictures or toy ones. I guess when something is that much bigger than you it can be pretty scary.
There is also a couple of "trails" on the playground with rocks to climb on. The kids love that more than the playground itself I think. I really need to get these guys hiking more!
Speaking of friends, at church on Sunday I saw some long time family friends whom I have not seen in a good 10 years! It is actually my brother-in-law, Jon's, brother, Adam, and his wife Savannah and their 4 kids. I had never met their kids before and it was so great to see familiar faces! They live in Moncton which is 2 hours away and they were visiting the ward we are in because Adam was giving a fireside that night. I actually got to go and it was really great. It was on strengthening relationships which I think is always useful and it was really great to get to socialize after.
So that's life in a nutshell for us. We are counting down the days until our visitors *hopefully* come and then counting down the days until we get to go home and trying to keep ourselves entertained until then. 20 more sleeps!







0 comments:
Post a Comment