Monday, 24 May 2010

To Find Out or Not To Find Out...

I have my ultrasound in two days. I can hardly believe that it is that time already! I'm pretty excited. I'm really hoping that my ultrasound tech is the same gal who did it with Aubrey and Jensen because 1. I know her, 2. she's really nice - I've heard some horror stories about U/S techs who are complete bags, and 3. because she is willing to tell us the sex of the baby right then and there. Not that that's important, especially since I'm not even sure if I want to find out the gender. I didn't find out with Aubrey, but not by choice, the tech said it was too early to tell. I was a day short of 18 weeks. With Jensen I could tell by the U/S what I was having and the tech confirmed it. I just remember how much more exciting it was to hear the doctor say, "it's a girl!" when Aubrey was born than to already know. But in the same breath, it's so nice to know in advance because then you can plan and prepare a little better. Not that I have a lot to do to prepare. I do have everything for a boy or a girl... Chris doesn't want to find out which is odd. He's the one who wanted to know with the first two when I didn't. I think I know what I am having anyway so that's the main reason I want to find out now, to see if I'm right! Either way we will find out eventually.

P.S. You can vote what you think I am having on the side if you didn't notice already.

10 comments:

kelsey said...

I would love to be able to have it be a surprise when they come out. . . but only if I have one of each first! ha. Since you do, I say wait for the surprise. Watch me change my mind and find out every time just because I can't stand the suspense!

Ryan and Amanda said...

I always vote for the surprise but am finding I am in the minority. I LOVE the surprise. Good luck deciding!

Ashley Smith said...

I could never wait. I don't like suprises in general though. If you can wait then got for it!

Francis Family said...

surprise is better. I also have had both and you only really buy clothes that are girl-ish or boy-ish and everything else is usually neutral. I loved the surprise too. Way more fun!

Kelli Olsen said...

I think you should find out, only because I hate waiting and I want to know..lol. I hate waiting to find out the sex of other people's babies, I don't know how I'm going to wait to find out the sex of my own (when I have another one!) which ever you choose, you'll love that baby just the same!

Brandon and Kristy said...

aw i had no idea u were prego!! so exciting! i love finding out! hope it goes good! its alwayse nice when someone nice is doing the ultrasound.

Schows said...

Congratulations Ashley!!

Woods said...

Yay! number three! that's really exciting. I think you should have it be a suprise!!

Connie said...

that would be fun if you have a girl cuz then she will be close in age to jessica's girl!

The Lowry's said...

I like knowing before hand. But since you now have one of each it might be fun to wait. Although I always say, either way it is a surprise, whether you know at the time of the ultrasound or at the birth.