I've been reading a book called, "Being The Mom" by Emily Watts that I've really enjoyed. It's a quick and enjoyable read and full of great little tidbits. This paragraph really rang true to me:
"I make a lot of mistakes as a mother, but I've decided the biggest mistake of all would be to dwell on the frustrations of the 'live-throughs' while letting the 'want-to-remembers' slip through my fingers. There is so much joy in every phase of a child's life that it seems a shame to make it hostage to the problems that inevitably crop up. The days may seem long, but the years will get away from you if you're not careful. Overlook what you can, correct what you have to, pour love into every decision you make, and you'll look back without regret."
This is definitely a good reminder with my almost-three-year-old whom I love and adore but seem to struggle with on a daily basis. I was warned that three is a hard age. So here's to tomorrow and starting fresh, to looking for those "want-to-remembers" and being the best mom that I can be.
Tuesday, 1 June 2010
I Needed That
Posted by Ashley at 20:36
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You ARE an amazing mom and person! Aubrey and Jensen are lucky to have you! I know what you mean about struggling with a child though...Claire keeps me on my toes every second. Our little girls are too smart for their own good. :) Come and play soon!
I totally agree, 3 is so hard. But it's so true, we do the best we can and I think as long as we show them how much they are loved then you can't go wrong.
They grow up so fast don't they? :)
i have also heard that three is a hard age. . . so why does everyone keep complaining about two? lol.
that was a great quote. i love being reminded to remember more, it's the little things that we will regret not spending time remembering. i don't need to be around you as a mom to know that you are a great one, even if it is hard some days!!!
Post a Comment