Friday, 13 June 2008

The DC Temple



Chris and I planned to attend a session at the DC Temple this morning before he had to work today. Our friend Jessica so graciously accepted the responsibility of watching Aubrey for us while we were gone. We wanted to go so that we could feel a little closer to family at this time as Chris' aunt Kim Malacko passed away Tuesday morning (she had been suffering from cancer) and we weren't able to be there for the funeral as much as we would have liked to have been. She was a wonderful lady who was always so good to Chris as well as me. We will truly miss her. Now the reason that I say planned to attend is that when we arrived at the temple after a 40 minute drive (it might have been more considering traffic), we realized that neither one of us remembered our temple recommends! I am going to blame it on pregnancy brain and Chris didn't realize that he had taken it out of his wallet! I was especially bummed as I don't think I'll have the opportunity to attend a session at that temple ever again (but who knows!) and I had been looking forward to it so much! So instead we decided to just walk around the grounds, which are amazing, by the way, and look around the visitors center. We took a few pictures and just talked. It was actually quite nice and relaxing so it turned out to be a pretty good morning anyway.

Now for those of you who have requested, or even care, here is a belly shot for you:



This was taken today so this is me at 28 weeks and 2 days. It's crazy how fast this pregnancy is going and I have done nothing to prepare! I've still got three months to go though, so no big deal, right? Or maybe 2 1/2... Yikes! This pregnancy has been a breeze compared to the last one so I'm actually enjoying it. He is one active baby and I love it! It's my favorite part to feel him move and I am getting more and more excited to meet him every day.

11 comments:

ec said...

what a gorgeous temple ... always been one of my faves.

and what a beautiful girl you are, ash. love that picture. you will treasure it for-eva!

beautiful.

ec said...

and i'm so sorry about your aunt. i watched the slide show on devon's blog and bawled...i've never even met her ...

Carly & Jesse said...

you look so beautiful... and I am glad you had a wonderful day... however you still could have gone to the temple. because of the new bar code recommends they can look you up. but it was I am sure wonderful to just have your honey to yourself. Love you!

Mason Clan said...

Ash you look so good!!! Sounds like it was a good morning just to spend time with Chris.. Thats always nice.. I am sorry to hear about your guys aunt!

Ashley Smith said...

Aww you look great!!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

awww my family was sealed there 24 years ago...i wish i could go back oneday..its one of my favourites..

you look beautiful!!

kelsey said...

aw ash, you look so dang cute! and i feel the same way... will i ever do a session again? lol.

Kristy said...

Ashley that is an amazing picture of you!! What a treasure. You're gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful Ash!

Love Kelli

The Lowry's said...

At least you got some time to spend together. By the sounds of it Jessica rarely sees Kyle. I hope you get to see Chris a little more often. What a gorgeous Temple. Hopefully you will find a time to go back. I'm jealous, because it is one of my favorites.
Looks like you had a nice time walking around especially with the weather. Such a beautiful picture. You look so cute!!
Oh and yes I do post a lot at a time. I need to just keep it up and then I wouldn't have so much to post at once. I'm working on it....just need to make time for it.

Ashley Smith said...

Hey so I decided to go back and look t your very first blogs, I can't believe it was way back when you were pregnant with Aubrey and now she is 1. It is fun to look back at the pictures of then and now and how little she was.