Saturday, 28 June 2008

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

So here I am, at "home" again. The reason I have home in parentheses is because it doesn't quite feel like home without Chris. Home is where the heart is, right? I've been here for a week and it has been fairly uneventful as was my last week in VA. Chris and I did go to the Museum of Natural History in DC which was very interesting and Aubrey loved it because of all the animals. I also spent a few hours with Jessica and Olivia one afternoon and they taught me how to make cute bows for Aubrey's hair. It was a lot of fun. I kind of miss it out there. Well, I miss the people that are there.
Since I have been home I have mostly just hung out at home. The entire week seems like a bit of a blur. Aubrey has had a bit of a hard time adjusting to the change. She has a very hard time going to bed and I don't know why or what to do! She used to be so good when it came to bedtime. Hopefully that'll come back. Aubrey and I both had Dr's appointments yesterday and everything went well for both of us. I was surprised to hear that Aubrey weighed only 23.5 lbs, as she feels so much heavier, and it seems like she weighed that back at her 9 month appointment. She is 29.5" tall. Her growth is finally slowing down. As for me, everything is looking good. I'm measuring right on and all, but Dr. Steed did ask if I am a lot smaller with this pregnancy than with the last one which is funny because I'm actually bigger. Dr. Steed seemed a little distracted though. The clinic was in a bit of a curfuffle because a house in Raymond was on fire and burned to the ground. It was actually a good friend of mine whose house it was. It is so sad. My heart goes out to that family.
Today I was able to attend the temple as my good friend, Taylor Williams, went through for the first time today. He is leaving for his mission the beginning of August. It was such a wonderful experience to be there with such good friends. I just wish Chris could have been there too.
Tomorrow (or could be Monday), I am off to my parent's cabin on Flathead Lake. I am so excited! Darren and Erin and their girls will be there as well. Yes, I am skipping the July 1st festivities, but I think it's worth it. I haven't been in about 4 years anyway so what's another year?
I'm sorry that there aren't any pictures, but I left my USB cord in VA so there probably won't be very many pictures (if any) until the end of August when Chris gets home. It's sad, but true. Unless he mails it to me...

3 comments:

The Lowry's said...

Hang in there. Wow, that would be hard to be away from Chris for SO long, but you will make it through. Is 'home' in Raymond or Lethbridge, I can't remember. Have fun at the Lake! I would go down instead of staying for July 1st especially since you haven't been there is so long. There will always be another July 1st but time spent at the lake with family is priceless (in my opinion). Like I said, hang in the and have fun this week! Are you finding out what you are having? (I think most of the time I make these 'comments' into mini emails full of questions etc. Maybe I should start talking to you on facebook or email you instead. Or maybe we should just get together sometime)

Ashley Smith said...

Try to just always put Aubry to bed and down for naps at the same time, strict schedual, We travel a lot and mess up sleep habit all the time, you just have to be stubborn. I'm glad that everything is going well baby wise, and I feel your pain being a "work widow". Trev works out of town all the time and will be gone for 6 weeks in the fall. Have a fun weekend

Woods said...

hey Ash, we miss you here! I was glad to hear that Aubrey was good on the flight home. Grace wishes "Auba" was here to play with! The pool just isn't the same without you guys. Have a fun week at the lake, I'm jealous! by the way, did you get those pics I sent of Aubrey? they were way too cute! let me know if you didn't and I will resend them.