Monday, 9 June 2008

The Party



We had Aubrey's birthday party at my wonderful sister Amber's house. Chris, Aubrey and I went up to Glen Burnie Saturday evening, stayed over night, went to church, and had a little party for Aubrey. Amber was so nice to do this for us. She is in the middle of packing up her family and entire house as they are moving to Florida on Tuesday!



Amber made this lovely doll cake (such a cute idea!) for everyone to enjoy as well as this mini doll cake just for Aubrey.





Happy birthday was sung and the cake was taken to Aubrey. Unfortunately, the candle traumatized her.



I tried to show her that it was okay and fed her a little bit, but this only made her more mad.





She did feel a little bit better after I fed her the cake from a spoon on my lap. She still didn't eat very much at all. This was her first true taste of sugar (that I am aware of besides the chocolate episode last week - that's a story for another time...) so it was a little anticlimactic for me. In my head I had imagined her going to town, getting down and dirty, but she didn't really care for the whole scene all that much. Maybe she'll be like her dad and won't be all that into desserts. Or it could have been the fact that she had had a terrible night the night before and not enough sleep during her usual nap times (she was scared of Marik's crib I guess). She is a girl after all!



After the cake episode, Aubrey opened her presents.



She got a great haul and now she finally has some toys to play with here! Amber and family got her a Care Bear stuffed animal (that she is sleeping with as I type) and the animal "puzzle". It's a hit! Chris and I got her a Tickle Me Elmo Extra Special Edition (dumb toy for a child if you ask me considering they can't really play with it; it's more for adult enjoyment but Aubrey does think it's funny) and a Noah's Ark set. She is an animal fanatic like her mom!

Overall, it was a fantastic little trip for us. I am so glad I got to spend that time with my sister as it doesn't get to happen very often. Thanks again for EVERYTHING Amber! Good luck with your move! We sure love ya!

6 comments:

ec said...

the pics of her bawling made me laugh.

so, so cute.

when do you get home?

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Aubrey! The bday pics are great!

Kelli Olsen

Ashley Smith said...

Aww She sure is cute, next year is the year for fun b-day cake memories I think.

Jon, Wendy, Riley, Chris, and Jo said...

What a funny girl! Cute!...
wish I could have been there.
Happy Birthday Aubrey!

Skye said...

She's adorable! Hope she had a great birthday! And what a small world, i was an an EFY group up in Calgary with your Sister Amber YEARS ago!!!!!

Carly & Jesse said...

how funny! she is so dang cute! and how fun you got to hang out with your sister! Hope you are having fun with your hubby! love you